Amp Fiddler Tix Info (1 Viewer)

Remedy

Tix are now available for Amp Fiddler from Carbon (Urban Outfitters), Spin Dizzy, City Discs, Road Records, Big Brother and Selecta. Priced 22.50 plus 1Euro booking fee.....

All the best

Anthony
www.remedyireland.com

Remedy Proudly Present

Amp Fiddler
( 7 Piece Band Peformance)

Friday Oct 22nd
Temple Bar Music Centre
Doors 7.30pm til 10.30
(Amp Fiddler on stage at 9pm sharp)

Remedy are delighted to be involved with the highly anticipated arrival of Amp Fiddler once more to Dublin. Long time on the soul scene, Joseph 'Amp' Fiddler has been worked with the likes of Prince, George Clinton, Lucy Pearl, The Brand New Heavies, Maxwell, Moodymann....before taking the soul world by storm with his debut album "Waltz of a Ghetto Fly".

Tix available now from www.ticketmaster.ie
Priced 22.50 (plus booking fee)

Tix are also available from from Carbon (Urban Outfitters), Spin Dizzy, City Discs, Road Records, Big Brother and Selecta. Priced 22.50 plus 1Euro booking fee.

www.remedyireland.com
www.ampfiddler.com

Amp Fiddler: What the press say:

'Serious soul to melt your body in' STRAIGHT NO CHASER

‘Whipping up the kind of frenzied devotion hitherto only enjoyed by Underground Resistance and sometime label mate Kenny Dixon Jr...This is the best that modern soul has to offer.' JOCKEY SLUT

‘Amp Fiddler is gonna blow your head, speakers and, erm, amps this year. Superb.’

Leftfield Top Tune IDJ

'The hottest shit this month must be from Detroit's Amp Fiddler... Trust me people, this is essential listening!'

HIP HOP CONNECTION

'He's been likened to D'Angelo, Stevie and the like, but for me, this guy is the real deal. Absolutely superb.'

BLUES & SOUL

'The sound of the future.' UNDERCOVER

'OK, I'll put it simple. If you haven't got this record go and get it NOW...has that weird thing of sounding totally new and fresh but at the same time, old and comfortable. I'm counting the days till his album is out. Join me!' KEEP ON

Biog

Amp Fiddler’s debut album "Waltz of a Ghetto Fly" is a woven tapestry of funk, soul, jazz and pure electronic velvet, a work that redefines the boundaries of music that speaks to the soul. Joseph Anthony "Amp" Fiddler tells stories in a smooth voice that resonates - stories about everyday life, people, relationships and the world around him.

The title track featuring George Clinton and co-produced by J Dilla, both longtime associates, is a description of classic coolness that is synonymous with Amp, "You know when I was kid I used to see older guys walking down the street with a stride," he says of his inspiration for the album title, "They were waltzing a certain way – neighborhood style, to get respect".

Amp studies people’s movements and dreams up songs that ooze with character and uses his music to paint a vivid portrait of urban grace. "It’s all about the way people dance and the rhythms of life," he says. Fiddler is a creator with a track record to back it up. His prominent presence in P-Funk arose out Clinton’s invitation to join the group as lead keyboardist. This period is echoed in Amp’s live show today - his band features Ron Wright and Lorenzo "Spoonz" Brown - and his background in funk territory lends itself to his and Anetria Wright’s vocals on "Superficial", a song he believes is "a kinda Sly Stone influenced jazz vibe, over a dance floor groove".

Still retaining close family ties Amp has a strong dedication to the Detroit legacy. He has been based for many years at his home/studio in Conant Gardens, an Eastside neighborhood on 7 Mile, which he calls Camp Amp. "Camp Amp has always been a place kids can work, like a workshop. I opened up my doors to the neighborhood if they were cool." One group to come through Camp Amp in early days was Slum Village. Slum Village’s original producer J Dilla’s long affiliation with Fiddler shines through on the autobiographical "You Play Me".

The sheer breadth of collaborators on "Waltz Of A Ghetto Fly" gives a good indication to the depth of Amp’s musical vision. Raphael Saadiq co-wrote and played on "Dreamin’," which was mixed by D-12 engineer Mike Chavarria, who also worked on the title track and the brilliant, yet remarkably simple, "I Believe In You". The Moodyman co-produced "Love & War" features Amp’s son Dorian on muted trumpet and his brother (and long time muse) Bubz, who contributed to, and played on, many of the productions.

Amp is a single father, who balances down to earth responsibilities with a hectic writing and recording schedule. His discography includes recording with Lucy Pearl, The Brand New Heavies, Prince, Maxwell and Seal as well as Detroit’s Carl Craig (Detroit Experiment) and numerous Moodyman productions. He has toured with Jamiroquai, Fishbone and Tony Toni Tone to name but a few and has recently contributed to John Arnold’s album on Ubiquity, Only Child’s record on Grand Central and remixed Rima on Compost.

With roots in Trinidad and St. Thomas, he studied music at Oakland University, Wayne State University and under the tutelage of jazz-great Harold McKinney. With a rich background in music, Fiddler can’t be pinned to a singular style, but as a producer he has a wholly fresh approach, carving his own take on electronic soul and funk.

"Now I’m doing my own thing and it’s a beautiful world. I’ve been a sideman in the rhythm section for so long". On stage Amp carries all the energies from the studio into his live show, as he utters sweet vocals, over dirty funk chords, drawing the crowd in with his powerful presence and polish. "I haven’t calmed myself down, I am so excited about it. I think I draw from everyone I’ve worked with, but I’m still trying to develop my own sense of being up there in the front. I’m trying to create a kind of music to take to heart and affect people’s way of thinking.".

For interviews/pics/info please contact [email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back