Amon Düül (1 Viewer)

Keith Talent said:
Where to start with these guys?

super-joint.gif

:)

start with amon duul 2 and work backwards (seriously)

its the poppier form of the band and a seperate band not an album

Another vote for Yeti...you might want to steer clear of the original Amon Duul (I) stuff, unless you really like drum-circle-tastic hippy freakouts. I think the I/II split came about because some members of the commune started having inegalitarian ideas about technique and tunes and what have you.

I think Yeti is probably their best overall album, but it's not really the one that I'd recommend for a first purchase. I think Phallus Dei or Wolf City are better starting points; if you like either of those, you'll probably like most of their stuff. (I actually have a bit of a soft spot for Tanz der Lemminge as well, although most people I know don't think it's all that great.)

Also keep in mind that all of the above are by Amon Düül II. There's also Amon Düül and Amon Düül I as well. I only have one album by each (Psychedelic Underground and Paradieswärts Düül, respectively), and they're both all right, but hardly what I'd call essential, except maybe in a historical sense.

I beg to differ there P.
'Psychedelic underground' and 'Paradieswaerts Duul' are more betterer than any ADII album. The kicks in some of the ADII stuff are pretty kicking though.
'Archangel's thunderbird' off Yeti would be my favourite ADII moment. Most of the ADII stuff is very ordinary ploddy space rock - you'd be better off buying the Hawkwind albums what have Lemmy on them.

DÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜÜÜ
ÜÜÜ
L​

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back