American Music Club Irish tour 2008 (1 Viewer)

went into this on saturday night. I didn't know a whole lot by either Eitzel or AMC, though I do love the new album. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised. It was a great gig. The band were in good form, the banter with the crowd was pretty good, and it was just an all round deadly gig. Neil Hannon made a cameo on vocals for Johnny Mathis' feet, which I think is great because I love Neil Hannon.

Yeah good gig. Really enjoyed it; great to hear some of the old stuff too, like 'blue and grey shirt' and Jesus' hands. Banter was great; looked like they were getting really into it by the end. Vudi is the coolest!

I thought the whole thing was shaky! Added to the charm though. Funniest moment was Neil Hannon walking the wrong way offstage, only to return a second later looking abashed. hehe.

people farting in the crowd ruined that gig for me. eitzel's done some great solo gigs here where he's thrown in loads of oldies. i remember making a fool of myself asking him to play western sky in return for a round of drinks for his band once in london. naturally, he said no (fuck off and stop bothering me). never meet your musical heroes.

The version of western sky they played this time has drums in it. :eek::mad:

As did the original. Thought they did it pretty well, even if he did introduce it as 'Western Guy'. Tsk.

ha ha yeah, actually the whole AMC tribute band thing (can't remember what he called them - The something Revue) was hilarious. And doing the big long intro to one of the songs, then having to change the setlist, cos he'd skipped one (I was up the front and could see the setlist). Poor Vudi got a bit of a shock with one. It was about the bird who liked him, dancing and heroin - stuff that was all bad for her.

And the hippy joke. Jaysus! Risque or what!

what about the 9/11 joke, funny stuff

yeah, hes a hoot for sure. And he looks so much like that dude out of Camera Obscura too.

CAMERA_OBSCURA_A.jpg

second from the left (obviously)

you probably mean the 2006 tour, i saw in him in germany that time, can't remember much. in 2008 he played nancy spains with an upright bass etc and was amazing. 2 years later in sir henrys it was like watching a guy have a mental breakdown on stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back