American Akira (out 2011) (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

and this is made by the guy who did the American Akira:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ruairi Robinson is supposed to be directing, I doubt it'll happen though, the economic crash is due early next year so this monster budget multi flick project will be quashed.

just finished reading the akira manga, cost me around 200 quid to get them all, worth it tho, epic as fuck, great art. must watch the anime again, remember being cheesed off with the ending, apparently he made the film before he finished the manga, and it shows. huge amount left out of the manga and big differences. not expecting much from this live action business.

just finished reading the akira manga, cost me around 200 quid to get them all, worth it tho, epic as fuck, great art. must watch the anime again, remember being cheesed off with the ending, apparently he made the film before he finished the manga, and it shows. huge amount left out of the manga and big differences. not expecting much from this live action business.
It's some of the best art alright. Very cinematic.

Avoid the dub obviously. Talking about Akira and how crap the dub is makes me feel nostalgic...

isn't kaneda done by leonardo from the turtles?

Yep. Seems like the same 3 people dubbed all the Manga Videos releases at one stage. Same voices in loads of them. I saw Akira loads of times dubbed before I saw the subbed one. I hated the sub because I wasn't used to it. I must watch it again.

Pretty sure the Anime is an adaptation of the 6 Mangas, it was finished. Manga is much better, more epic, easier to follow.
They are actually greatly different.

Pretty sure the Anime is an adaptation of the 6 Mangas, it was finished. Manga is much better, more epic, easier to follow.
They are actually greatly different.

nope, film released in 1988, comic didn't finish till 1990.

Saw loads of the colourised manga (the ones that ran to about 38...dark horse, no?) in Charity shop next to swan centre in Rathmines the other day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back