Almond Slices (1 Viewer)

apple crumble is mad easy. You can even buy bags of ready made crumble topping these days but it takes about 4 minutes to make it.

basically, it's 4oz flour and 4oz butter. Rub the butter into the flour until it's got a consistency of crumbs and that's it. You might use a pinch of salt too or some cinnamon if you fancy.

Put it on top of your peeled, cored and sliced apples which you will have already placed in layers with a dusting of sugar on top of each layer and bung it in the oven. Think about 180 and not sure how long. 20 mins - half an hour maybe. Check the BBC website.

Jimcorr said:
Overdosed on Jaffa Cakes in my student days.
Can never go back...

I asked my Mam if she'd show me how to make apple crumbly bake but she forgets. Does nobody bake anymore?

kirstie said:
apple crumble is mad easy. You can even buy bags of ready made crumble topping these days but it takes about 4 minutes to make it.

basically, it's 4oz flour and 4oz butter. Rub the butter into the flour until it's got a consistency of crumbs and that's it. You might use a pinch of salt too or some cinnamon if you fancy.

Put it on top of your peeled, cored and sliced apples which you will have already placed in layers with a dusting of sugar on top of each layer and bung it in the oven. Think about 180 and not sure how long. 20 mins - half an hour maybe. Check the BBC website.

Thanks Kirstie, that looks lovely!

Apple crumbly bake was slightly different to apple crumble, in that it had a firm base and was cut into slices rather than plonked into a bowl.
Still, have to start somewhere..

ok then that sounds like you need to make both crumble AND pastry. Pastry is just one step more than crumble - you add a little cold water and knead the crumble mixture into a ball o' pastry, leave it in the fridge for a bit and then you can use it - roll it out and use it to line a baking dish into which I suppose you put your apple mixture and then top with crumble?

I may try this at home...

Jimcorr said:
Thanks Kirstie, that looks lovely!

Apple crumbly bake was slightly different to apple crumble, in that it had a firm base and was cut into slices rather than plonked into a bowl.
Still, have to start somewhere..

Jimcorr said:
Mr Kiplings Almond Slices.

Can't stop eating them. Two at a time cause they are twin-wrapped for freshness. Its been going on for months now.
In the evenings with a nice cup of coffee.

What else is good for afters...?

love almond slices, but had forgotten about them, think ill buy some later
nice wan Jim

hanley said:
love almond slices, but had forgotten about them, think ill buy some later
nice wan Jim

Is Jim Corr really Mr Kipling in disguise??? If so exeedingly good marketing plan sir cos it seems we all want almond slices now!jesus they are lovely tho..my confectionary of choice at the mo is pain au chocolat from that little bakery nearly georges st arcade.........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

apple crumble is lovely, rubarb is nicer. one thing about the crumble is some places leave it tasting of flour, it shouldn't.

i can bake great peanut butter cookies .|..|
Jimcorr said:
I asked my Mam if she'd show me how to make apple crumbly bake but she forgets. Does nobody bake anymore?

Dear France,

I just spent several days in you and enjoyed very much your many varieties of cheeses. I bought a few kinds in the supermarket before I left, intending for them to last me several weeks, but it seems that I have eaten nothing but cheese since I brought them home, and I'm finding this worrisome.

I am concerned that my cheese-only diet will have negative effects on my life, primarily because I will now run out of delicious cheese within the next 24 hours, and am not sure how my body will react to going 'cold cheese' on the stuff.

Any advice on how I can fulfil my newly-developed cheese requirement without ending up in the poorhouse?

Thanks, and merci bow coo for your hospitality this past weekend. I also enjoyed your ice cream, your wine, and your fish.

Jane

PS: I injected the last of the camembert this morning, and am starting to get the shakes. Please hurry.

nlgbbbblth said:
Cherry pie - I overdose on this when I go the US. Anywhere you can get a decent one here?

marks and spencers sell lovely cherry pies. their icecream is the business too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back