Allotments (1 Viewer)

I heard some group were lobbying the council to allocate some of that park out in clontarf for allotments.

Paying a few hundred quid is a silly amount ours was less than thirty quid for the year

I live in Clare and they have 10 people/families on a waiting list for an allotment plot in Shannon. The scheme (30 plots i think) was opened earlier in the month. They are tring to develop one in Ennis too. Seems a popular idea. The shannon scheme is run by the council BTW.

Hi Snakybus,
My brother just got an allotment in Enniskerry,
It sounds nice and big and costs 280 for a year.
I can get the details if you want....

indeed.

there have been many attempts at this. some recent interesting projects in belfast on derelict spaces etc.

it requires dedication.

e.g. I know some of the projects have entered a derelict space in a community only to have the new gardens thrashed by local kids so they just plant again, try and get the kids involved etc until the gardens become accepted by the wider community wahey"!

indeed.

there have been many attempts at this. some recent interesting projects in belfast on derelict spaces etc.

it requires dedication.

e.g. I know some of the projects have entered a derelict space in a community only to have the new gardens thrashed by local kids so they just plant again, try and get the kids involved etc until the gardens become accepted by the wider community wahey"!

Yes, sounds tough alright. There should be a few unfinished roads and stuff like that around that one could plant some stuff near/on etc. Could be interesting just in a see what happens kind of way.

Does anyone remember King Leek, that bbc comedy about allotments? Quite good as I recall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back