All Rounder Instrumentalist type (1 Viewer)

Divil A Bit

Hi,

We are Pat and Jill (yes, from Mexican Pets) and we're looking for a 3rd person to join our new venture.It's called 'Star of the Sea'.

You can play anything you like. Literally. In fact, we welcome oddball instruments.Drums would be a bonus I guess. We're not looking for a virtuoso so don't worry. We're aiming to switch instruments and vocals etc. as the set develops.

However we're old so we can't be having anyone under 21 years old 'cos we'd be talking about stuff your dad talks about.

So far, we have demo-ed an albums worth of tunes...with another album written...but that doesn't mean you can't bring in your own songs. The more the merrier.

If we're like anyone then it's a mix of folk and indie rock. Oh as well, we don't allow ponytails...even if you are a girl. We couldn't stand that.

We're intending to record an album and release it in '07. We have a US Record Label who have agreed to put it out. Obviously we'll be doing gigs too. But we won't be playing Dublin every 5 minutes either...so you don't need to live there.

If you're willing to tour the UK...that would also be good...

Reply if you're interested via Private Message. Thanks.

PS:
And could people take me off their buddy list 'cos every time I write on Thumped I get smartarse replies. That includes you Gorillamunch. So what if I happen to think HardWorkingClassSham is a bad thing 'cos there are 5 times more bands who are told they can't play, than those who are told that they can. Encouraging the Kids my Arse.

Jeez.

This is funny! No Ponytails?? Ha ha ha ha

Could you explaine a little more about your sound, what would
be its nearest comparrison?? Just trying to get an idea

Also when you say your old, how old are you roughly??

Im just joining the older end of my 20's unfortunitly so Im guessing Im too young

But I dont have a ponytail and sure as hell never will:)

Basser

We're old-ish but we look like we're only babies. And no, you're not too young at all. It's just I didn't want some snotty kid with a ponytail who has trouble getting into pubs.

Our sound....mmm. Well, as we're going to record an album in early '07 we will find out more. But I like a lot of different instruments...so hopefully we'll get to use them live as well.

What do you play?
Have you played with any bands before (not that it matters)?
What music do you like?

Bands I like include (off the top of my head):

Camera Obscura
Midlake
The Jam
Bob Dylan
The Concretes
Story of Hair
Sonic Youth
Dinosaur Jr
Husker Du
Belle & Sebastian
Vashti Bunyon!
Art Blakey
The Yeah yeah yeahs
Irish Folk Music
The Cure
White Stripes
The Smiths
Led Zepp

I could go on....!

I suppose we're a mix of all that. I'm looking to get this going in the v. near future so if you can get back to me asap...

Cheers

Pat

This is funny! No Ponytails?? Ha ha ha ha

Could you explaine a little more about your sound, what would
be its nearest comparrison?? Just trying to get an idea

Also when you say your old, how old are you roughly??

Im just joining the older end of my 20's unfortunitly so Im guessing Im too young

But I dont have a ponytail and sure as hell never will:)

To the folk who PM'd me...I'll get back to you tonite.

Basser, you post elsewhere that you like Keane and Maroon 5 and want to do something different from the norm.
I'm sorry but I don't think we'd get on. In fact Jill would prolly rip yr head off. So on that basis...best leave it.

Yeah I just read your influences and its all to dead for me and repetitive, what I call lifeless music, it bores me so much I feel like digesting myself!

And believe me, if I had to listen to all that constantly Jill wouldnt be ripping my head of, I would!!

But if we all liked the same thing then we wouldnt have the variety we havbe within the musical spectrum:)

Best of luck with your project, sure to see you both on the cover of Smash Hits any day now !!!

Take Care

Basser

Yeah I just read your influences and its all to dead for me and repetitive, what I call lifeless music, it bores me so much I feel like digesting myself!

And believe me, if I had to listen to all that constantly Jill wouldnt be ripping my head of, I would!!

But if we all liked the same thing then we wouldnt have the variety we havbe within the musical spectrum:)

Best of luck with your project, sure to see you both on the cover of Smash Hits any day now !!!

Take Care

Basser

hahaha basser you rock, when can we hear yer tunes,.|..|

I am the essence of Rock its self!!!

Yeah Right!" ha ha :)

No point in me pretending I love "The Yeah Yeah yeahs, or The Ramones" I just dont but Im sure there good if thats your thing.

I still cant stop laughing about "NO Pony Tail thing"!!! Fukcing comical!! You couldnt make this shit up, excellent!

I get the impression of this band, that "Gill and Pat" are 2 old timers from Texas living in Ballymoreboring in Kerry molesting wood land creatures whilst trying to lure in pop acts of the street, snatching them inside and then sacraficing them to the Devil himself! Ooooh Satan eat their bones

I just know They'll go down in history for something, Im just not sure if its music:)

Anyway there seems to be no takes for the third person in this ecentric rock group???

I would but Im busy watching repeats of Pop Idol dreaming of being the next Shayne Ward! Ha ha ha

PS: City Baby

Two of my songs were on FM104 last week, Id of given you some notice had I of known you were so genuinly interested:) Im sure you'd of tuned right in!!!!!!

Il send you the link to be my friend, you can apply for it and send in your application with all the other hopefuls!

Best of Luck!!!

And Yeas FM 104, Clearly Ive made it now!!!! Joke!

I only said it cos someone asked and Im hardly boasting bout it
it was only part of a programme thing

So please just be normal around me Im just like you or anyone else...

I see your from Lucan? that makes us neighbours!

Il send you the link to be my friend, you can apply for it and send in your application with all the other hopefuls!

Best of Luck!!!

And Yeas FM 104, Clearly Ive made it now!!!! Joke!

I only said it cos someone asked and Im hardly boasting bout it
it was only part of a programme thing

So please just be normal around me Im just like you or anyone else...

I see your from Lucan? that makes us neighbours!

Dont think we get 104 outside the pale! dya have a myspace or any tunes online? any tunes about hurling greatly appreciated !

Hurling?? Hmmmm now that would make a good song and its
so versitile everyone would understand across the globe!!!! :)

I was on my space as Id recorded some tunes to a professional level and put em up there. But Ive taken it all off cos I want to re do it all.

Im in the middle of seting up soft ware at home i.e. buying a decent laptop, getting the pro tools package and a good mic blah blah blah

So for the time being its only on CD really!

I actually thought 104 was national, thats mad!

Anyway Big Up Limerick! :)

Were all scum over here to ha ha ha

Great isnt it?

Ha ha ha nice Phraze ravaging hyineas! Il be using that among friends and claiming it as my own!

I got a beautiful image from it, noice!!

Il get craking on a good Hurling Track Im good at this shit YEAH its true!, Im thinking the melody should be in the style of Kid Rock V Aqua

Its gonna sound fucking shit hot man! :)

Pete

Can you keep the drunks away? I like a good drink meself but I don't cosy up to my computer afterwards...but, it can be a lonely world I suppose.

Actually Pete, let the drunks be. Carry on fellas.:heart:

Thanks to all who replied to us so far...will have replies to all this week.

Pat

Anthony.......you forgot to leave yr number in yr reply! Could you PM it to me?

Thanks

Pat

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back