Alex Chilton dies (1 Viewer)

Well honoured even before his death.

Also
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Supposed to be about Alex Chilton (they got their record deal after opening a gig for him) but guess it could be about their career too. :(

ah balls:mad: what the fuck is wrong with this year!!

I saw Big Star in New Orleans on new years eve about a decade ago and it was cool.

goddamn.

He'll be in Big Black Car shortly. Take Care Alex. RIP.

Why were none of you at the solo show he did a couple of years ago in Whelans then?

shit news.

Why were none of you at the solo show he did a couple of years ago in Whelans then?
that must have been one of the most oddly promoted gigs ive been too. the only thing i saw for it was a solitary black and white poster on parnel street.

that was a hot gig.

Only just got into Big Star in the last year or two,Conzo turned me on to them.Never heard of him before that.

I was, twas deadly! got to meet him too :cool:

Good man Kevin. It baffled me that there was only about 50 people there and all mostly pissed off that he wasn't playing any Big Star, such a strange gig because of that. Considering the Big Star gig in the Red Box a few years before was heaving with people all loving it. I hate when audiences treat artists like performing monkeys. I was half expecting someone to shout; "Play lesbian bar!" which would have been par for the course.

For the life of me I can't find his autograph anywhere now.

Big Star played the fuckin Red Box and I never heard about it.

What year was that?

Didn't go to the Whelans gig cos I was broke at the time. The brother went, think he was probably one of the Disappointed.

yeah, i knew he wouldn't play much Big Star so hearing "when my babies beside me" was a real bonus. He is a funny guy, spends a lot of time tuning his guitar, I remember someone shouting for thirteen and Alex replying sardines? or another person shouting for "love revolution" and him describing it as a "whole load of cornball".

It took me a while to start listening to his solo records but I enjoy all that obscure Rnb stuff he does -plus there are a few gems in there that could have fitted on big star records. Also I know no one seems to agree but I genuinely think the last Big Star record "In Space" from 2004 is an excellent album.

Good man Kevin. It baffled me that there was only aboutO50 people there and all mostly pissed off that he wasn't playing any Big Star, such a strange gig because of that. Considering the Big Star gig in the Red Box a few years before was heaving with people all loving it. I hate when audiences treat artists like performing monkeys. I was half expecting someone to shout; "Play lesbian bar!" which would have been par for the course.

For the life of me I can't find his autograph anywhere now.

I wasn't at that whelans gig neither. Is it okay for me to post here?

Anyway

:(

2010, shame on you.

Big Star played the fuckin Red Box and I never heard about it.

What year was that?

Didn't go to the Whelans gig cos I was broke at the time. The brother went, think he was probably one of the Disappointed.

Was a while back, can't remember the year as my memory is shit. Was him and the drummer, chris bell, and guys from the posies or someone like that filling in the other parts.

My favorite part was an unrehearsed cover of Wouldn't it Be Nice with the posies guys bum noting their way through trying to keep up with Alex's chord changes, was such good fun and kind of apt as Al Jardine taught him how to play guitar. Great days

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back