Aircoach (1 Viewer)

mackle

Getting this at the end of the month for the first time. I understand I have to go from Belfast to Dublin Airport and then get off there and get another bus to the City Centre.

Is there a bus though that goes straight from Dublin City Centre to Belfast or do I have to go to Dublin Airport?

Ciaran Mackle said:
Getting this at the end of the month for the first time. I understand I have to go from Belfast to Dublin Airport and then get off there and get another bus to the City Centre.

Is there a bus though that goes straight from Dublin City Centre to Belfast or do I have to go to Dublin Airport?

how about a regular coach or a train.

Air Coach is cheaper. Train would cost me about 30 sterling when the air coach only costs 8

Ciaran Mackle said:
Air Coach is cheaper. Train would cost me bout 30 sterling when the air coach only costs 8

all the way from belfast? that's pretty good. you can get a number 16 into town. if your getting other buses buy a rambler from one of the machines. you may even be able to use them on the 747 can't remember.

broken arm said:
all the way from belfast? that's pretty good. you can get a number 16 into town. if your getting other buses buy a rambler from one of the machines. you may even be able to use them on the 747 can't remember.

Is the number 16 into town from the airport?

Ciaran Mackle said:
Is the number 16 into town from the airport?

yes you get the 16A ino town you can get of at westmorland street which is at o'connell bridge - I think it is about 1.50 euro. leave the arrivals door and turn left. check with the bus inspector guys if the rambler tickets will work on the 747 bus which is an express bus and will drop you into o'connell street.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/airport_services.asp

pete said:
just get on the one that says "Galway" on the front. you'll be grand.
actually that's a lie. any of the buses that say "An Lár" will do.

oh and make sure you check with the driver that they're actually going the direction they say they're going on the front of the bus... and if they start giving you any guff about fitting your lambeg drum on, tell them you want their staff number to report them.

broken arm said:
and don't produce a note with the queens face on it or you're dead
yeah bus drivers down here hate small change and insist on euro fivers, tenners, twenties or if possible, fifties.

nlgbbbblth said:
almost sure the 747 and 748 charge a flat fiver.

but the rambler ticket is around the same and then you can hop on buses till your hearts content for the rest of the day. or just give it to some nice person at a bus stop the other end.

The rambler includes the Airlink 747 and 748 buses. But the 16A is grand and only costs about 1.50. There's a bunch of other buses that go into the City Centre/An Lar from the airport too just ask an inspector. If your gonna be doing alot of travelling by bus get a rambler though.

mackle, if you sound pathetic enough someone might even offer you a lift.

Not me though, I can't drive.

WELCOME TO DUBLIN
Lost%20in%20Space-788136.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back