Against! Me! Tour! (1 Viewer)

Great to see the New Noise crew are still bouncing around!

Don`t know what the Amc/limeirck are doin with this - think they`ll all still on Christmas holidays or something.

should be an excellant gig, the new album (i think) is far better than the first one, i dunno the first one just smacks a bit too much of folky, happy, optimistic, niave stuff, the second one has that darker edge, ya can tell they have grown up a good bit.

Ahh liadian you'd like em if you tried just put down those damn chugga chugga albums for two minutes.Anh hey ilene guess ur back from inidia how was all that?

jill did i talk to you about this last night? can they come to cork?
talk to you tonight anyway...

rhona, not lordfuckinjaysus

''It might be possible to do a Belfast gig for them. I don't actually know anything about them but so what.''

Belfast date is the 26th May, I'll likly do it in A.Annies..Phil

Cormcolash said:
Apparently they don't want to go to Cork because people there are all a bunch of redneck hicks or something. Thats what I was told.
but that's why most people come down. redneck hicks make for lively audiences. if the band is shit they get their knees broken and have to buy everyone in the crowd a drink. standard procedure really.

xConorx said:
Look at Hooley muscling on in there...

Yeah once again Goldfinger is just trying to take over everything, next thing you know the gig be an in-store gig to mark the opening of his new record store in Great Victoria street.

Of course, on the day of the gig, the band will probably turn up at your house wondering what to do and the new Rupert Murdoch will be in Lurgan, leaving you to do everything instead.

treelo said:
but that's why most people come down. redneck hicks make for lively audiences. if the band is shit they get their knees broken and have to buy everyone in the crowd a drink. standard procedure really.

Is it like that scene from the Blues Brothers, where they play behind a wire screen and have to play covers of what everyone asks for even if its nothing like the kind of music they normally play?

Cormcolash said:
Is it like that scene from the Blues Brothers, where they play behind a wire screen and have to play covers of what everyone asks for even if its nothing like the kind of music they normally play?
yes. yes it's alot like that. except there's no wire screen.

treelo said:
yes. yes it's alot like that. except there's no wire screen.
I dunno, I reckon the wire screen makes it even more intimidating because the musicians know whats gonna happen and build it up in their heads beforehand, maybe youse should think of getting one installed.

phil is "my man" in belfast... yeah..

dunno what the story is with the middle date yet, have to wait for some details to come through before it can be delt with.. i'll talk to the relevant parties if such a time arrises.

Cormcolash said:
I dunno, I reckon the wire screen makes it even more intimidating because the musicians know whats gonna happen and build it up in their heads beforehand, maybe youse should think of getting one installed.
of course. i will think about that very seriously. then i will discard the idea completely in favour of the current system.
thank you for your suggestion.

!bog

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back