Advice on Slander from anyone? (1 Viewer)

vermilliona

(Retired)
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had similiar cases that can help me with some advice? How do you go about proving slander and blackening of your name? Also with regards to witness does the description of information relayed to them have to be when they are sober?

I've never heard of anyone going through with a case except with the media where it is obviously in print and hardcore evidence or else video or audio, all evidence. would the Guards be my first point of call or do I need witnesses gathered to even lodge a claim and be listened to?

If anyone can help me this would be appreciated? Its a family dispute but there are serious allegations being made and I would like them to be dealt with as there is a chance they will effect my work.

really depends on what slander is being made against you...
have you thought of calling the a team?

Not they broke up in 1986 I was looking for some more up to date information but thanks for your suggestion, I can see how intelligent you must be to have such helpful suggestion.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had similiar cases that can help me with some advice? How do you go about proving slander and blackening of your name? Also with regards to witness does the description of information relayed to them have to be when they are sober?

I've never heard of anyone going through with a case except with the media where it is obviously in print and hardcore evidence or else video or audio, all evidence. would the Guards be my first point of call or do I need witnesses gathered to even lodge a claim and be listened to?

If anyone can help me this would be appreciated? Its a family dispute but there are serious allegations being made and I would like them to be dealt with as there is a chance they will effect my work.

Seriously?

People can say what they like about you. No matter how rubbish it is, it's up to you to prove otherwise.

Is it worth it to take them to court? Probably not. What might seem like a severe sleight against your character will be seen in court as no more than a pathetic lashing out during the heat of the moment.

It's not worth it.

Whoever did what is probably just hurting. And I'm sure they've done something similar before. Pay no heed.

Your friends either know you or aren't worth it.

You are better than any shit than any cunt can throw at you.

Well from reading between the lines Goff it looks something serious like and in his case he may well have too, esp in this PC world we live in today.

Not they broke up in 1986 I was looking for some more up to date information but thanks for your suggestion, I can see how intelligent you must be to have such helpful suggestion.

Meow!

Aw, he sure he was only making light of the situation, you'll find that it's the way things go on thumped.

I guess it really does depend what is being said about you. If someone is saying you're promiscous or a drug addict, fuck em. But if someone is saying you touched their kids or tried to run them over in your car, well... it wouldn't do any harm to at least chat to your solicitor?

I would say leave it until tomorrow. Or the next day. But after that, then yeah, if it's that serious, then the first port of call will have to be the Guards.

BUT, think about it and take your time.

If you feel the same way in the next day or two, then talk to a solicitor.

Thanks, I cant put up anymore information as the other people involved are on thumped themselves. I wasnt taking offense at the post above, that just my dry wit responding, not everyone's cup of tea.

It's not harmless remarks, I wish it was I'll put it that way. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of cases and how they get on to be honest. I can look up all the legal stuff easily enough, I just am wondering about practical examples.

How do you dock someones rep? In fairness all I was, was a bit sarcastic. If you wanna think I was abit sarcastic this guy just called me a 'cunt' and started it!! High class manners he must have or too much time on the computer to remember about social interaction, it requires a bit of respect

It's not important....u need to sort out ur own situation b4 it weighs u down etc

I see from a previous post that ur female so that prob rules out a few serious things I thought might've thought was the slander.
Obviously only other one I can think off you might've being accused of sleeping with someones husband etc or u hit kids after babysitting.

k fair enough.
Just go to a solicitor because sooner u have it on record the better I would imagine, not an expert on it but sure the whizzkids of Lifestyle tommorow will have plenty of help.

No its to do with parenting skills and being a fit parent to be honest. Thats enough information to give out though.

Seriously, stop right now.

If the other party posts on here you're only going to make things worse.

There's a legal discussion forum on boards.ie here

Read the charter before you post there, follow their guidlines or they'll close your thread and possibly ban you. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back