Adrian Crowley & guests - Whelan's March residency (1 Viewer)

do, its worth the effort I reckon.

Up in the expensive seats we could all hear just fine :). He was quite witty too, but in a more reserved way than MDR. I reckon by the end of this residency he'll be over any nerves. And it didn't affect the performance at all I reckon.

there was a pretty decent turnout too, which was great.

Yeah the vocals came through perfect from where I was sitting,then again,I was only about three foot from the stage in the second row!*Really* enjoyed Ro's set,and the explanations/banter was only top notch.Especially the ("and this bits his conscience"..."and then he says" :))Flawless guitar playing too.
Adrian Crowley was great too,hadnt heard much of his before and was very impressed.Cello was a lovely touch too.Funny seeing the bassist and drummer,eyes closed,really enjoying the songs unfolding before their bits kicked in.
Some songs were completely smog-like (minus the misanthropy),in the best possible way of course.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments and for taking the trouble to come out early on a weekday evening. I really enjoyed playing - the new venue is cool and a good size for local bands.

I think the key to Adrian's music is is baritone voice and his lyrical felicity. Once you get into his singing and his way with words, it sort of takes off.

PS: Scutter - I bumped into a few people without knowing who they were, so hi! if you were one of those.

PPS: Eamon - Hi!

PS: Scutter - I bumped into a few people without knowing who they were, so hi! if you were one of those.

ah I didn't get to meet you, but you did say sorry to me at one point (I was sat behind your good lady wife (I presume)). I do now possess the entire MDR box set though after acquiring the first album last night. I was gonna hunt you down to get you to sign it but I couldn't find you, so I got this lad in the jacks to sign it instead!!

I was actually the first person in the whole venue (staff and performers excluded). Very uncool of me.

Edit: 3,000 posts!! Yay!!!

I was actually the first person in the whole venue (staff and performers excluded). Very uncool of me.

I was there so early that they told me to go back downstairs and that they weren't open but I was way more morto when I went into the door which I thought was the toilet but was actually they way to the performer's room and a labyrinth of other rooms in the Whelans Complex that I never knew existed (sure why would I?) but no toilet. I think I pulled it off by making it look like I knew what I was doing when I came out the door... I didn't.... shameful super morto!

I was there so early that they told me to go back downstairs and that they weren't open but I was way more morto when I went into the door which I thought was the toilet but was actually they way to the performer's room and a labyrinth of other rooms in the Whelans Complex that I never knew existed (sure why would I?) but no toilet. I think I pulled it off by making it look like I knew what I was doing when I came out the door... I didn't.... shameful super morto!

ha ha. I saw that.

don't worry, barely anyone noticed!!

second show Wednesday night featuring a rare appearance from Clarence Black from Cork. 8pm Whelan's upstairs

went along again. Really great show. This time it was him, the Celloist and a violinist. No sign of the drummer or the bass player. It was nice in that the arrangements were completely different from the first night.

That Carly Sings sounds like a fair old talent too. I saw her on saturday last in the Sugar Club, but she came across far better in the upstairs room in Whelans.

Next week is the last show and he says he'll have the full band, which I presume means strings, drums and bass. Hmmm, tempting...very tempting.

Also, some harpist from London supporting him. Can't recall her name - Seraphina or somesuch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back