Adobe Audition For Macs? (1 Viewer)

Ciarán R

Website
www.outonalimbrecords.com
Hey nerds,

A lot of my work is audio editing for radio....

I use Adobe Audition and I like it very much...Knowing that my laptop ain't the greatest, I'm looking at getting a big ass desktop with a good sized monitor so I'm no longer editing on a 15" screen.

Anyway, I know that Adobe Audition wasn't available for Macs but does anybody know if that has changed? Or is there any very similar programme? or would i better just sticking with a PC?

your help is much appreciated

nah it's not available...adobe soundbooth is part of the creative suite. there's plenty of other stuff you can get though...

Mac or PC makes no real difference here I think.
You can use a keyboard and a big screen with any laptop or desktop.
See if you can try out a few packages - Logic Express or Pro Tools LE, or the free ones like Reaper or Audacity.
Find one you like to work with and you feel is quickest/best for editing.

Mac or PC makes no real difference here I think.
You can use a keyboard and a big screen with any laptop or desktop.
See if you can try out a few packages - Logic Express or Pro Tools LE, or the free ones like Reaper or Audacity.
Find one you like to work with and you feel is quickest/best for editing.

thanks guys

i've been using Audition for years, and it does exactly what I need, so think I will probably stick with it...as for the keyboard/big screen thing - yep I know i can run them off me laptop, but it isn't the greatest anyway, have it a few years and it may be time for an upgrade...will see how things are going. Thanks again

thanks guys

i've been using Audition for years, and it does exactly what I need, so think I will probably stick with it...as for the keyboard/big screen thing - yep I know i can run them off me laptop, but it isn't the greatest anyway, have it a few years and it may be time for an upgrade...will see how things are going. Thanks again

hey ciaran

you can put windows on a mac these days, its very easy to do so you could still use audition if you went down the mac route

ships in the night...

I'm waiting until I can afford to buy an external drive to back up my crap, then I'm gonna xp the shit out of this bitch. should be handy for a few small things.

it is i have put xp on 1 mackbook and 1 macbook pro, twas easy peasey. external drives are very cheap these days like this one for 150, so tempted to get it but need to restrain myself til my house sells.

those new mackbooks are really nice
overview-hero20081014.jpg

they got rid of firewire boo

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back