Adam Ant appreciation (2 Viewers)

Best adam ant albummmmmm

• Various Demos/bbc sessions/b-sides that you could cobble his 'missing' punk album out of

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Dirk Wears White Sox

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Kings of the Wild Frontier

Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Prince Charming

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Friend or Foe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strip

• Vive le Rock

• Manners & Physique

• Persuasion (unreleased but leaked)

• Wonderful

• Total voters

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Followed his own musical path and seemed genuinely surprised when the public wasn't impressed by his hoe down in space album.
The only artist to play Live Aid who's sales dropped afterwards!!!!!!!!!!5

Kings for me

First album I ever heard on a Walkman wearing headphones

Never forget it

"Ridicule is nothing to be scared of" -
Just as well for Adam really.
Dirk for me; just cos remember hearing it for the first time in a mate's house after school one rainy afternoon and it just seemed like something.
They were crap though.

The demos etc are insanely good. I really wish I'd bought the bootleg lp's of them years ago when I saw them.
Dirk Wears White Sox was the first record that completely blew me away. It made me realise there was more interesting music than you heard on the radio and on tv. I still love it to this day and play it reasonably regularly,especially for a record I've owned for probably more than 25 years. It was also the first record I had to actually hunt for,so probably started any collector type tendencies I have.

great big meh

Corey said:
I dont know about this thread.

ah here, less of that.

On the off chance that someone is even curious I made this best of for a friend recently, pretty much limited to his rise to fame and most successful stuff, 1978-1981

http://www.mediafire.com/?93mz1usnuxr

1. Zerox
2. Picasso Visita el planeta de los Simios
3. Prince Charming
4. Place in the Country
5. Killer in the Home
6. Antmusic
7. Stand and Deliver
8. Beat my Guest
9. Physical (you're so)
10. Kings of the Wild Frontier
11. Friend or Foe
12. Tabletalk
13. Puerto-Rican
14. Dog Eat Dog
15. Goody Two Shoes
16. Never Trust a man (with egg on his face)
17. Ant Rap
18. Here Comes the Grump
19. Animals and Men
20. Cleopatra
21. Desperate but not Serious
22. Cartrouble
22. Christian D'or

Enjoy or don't.

It stands for 'Rock And Roll' and only plays a program called 'rar-dio' which coincidentally i'm selling if you're interested

Oh, you were being serious??

sorry!ninjaaaa

also, hope you like:)

went for the first option as the early stuff is brilliant, and the bbc sessions are outstanding.
i have very early memories of liking adam ant.

when he threw that car battery through the pub window there recently, i was in london about a month later, we took a drunken pilgrimage about 3 and found the boozer, have a photo of me outside it somewhere, was funny to us at the time. if a little sad for poor adam.

Man, his solo stuff hasn't come off too well in this thread

that entire album is brilliant, Tony Visconti says in his autobiography that it's his favourite album he ever produced!

vive_le_rock.jpg

I guess adam has no real difficult albums though, even through the haze of quirkiness and madness that surrounds some of them they're all quite 'pop' and song-based. No eleven minute experimental concept pieces. This has probably worked against him in the long run.

I still think he's pretty unique though.... hopefully that demos boxset will see the light of day eventually

I used to get him mixed up with boy george. When I was nipper. I just thought it was Boy George in boy clothes.

I sort of liked Adam Ant and Boy George. And I knew enough even at that tender age to not let on to anyone.

Them and "The Art of Noise" for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back