acrylic kits? (1 Viewer)

the departed

so up until a few days ago i was going to get a kit built by custom irish drums(who are fucking lovely to deal with and have some AMAZING prices...!).
it was going to be a 24" kick and 16" floor tom in amber acrylic, similar to the C&C one that kliph scurlock uses live.
760108431_ac69037c83.jpg

but after talking to them on the phone, they were nice enough to tell me that after building one acrylic kit out of top of the range shells, they werent happy to make another one.
they said they were just too fragile and they had a snare crack on them. they were very honest and suggested i looked at wood instead.

just wondering if anyone has any experience with either ludwig or c&c acrylic kits?
want to really be sure about this before i make a decision.
i played a vintage vistalite and really really loved the sound but i dont really wana go around ebay looking for bits.
i would much prefer to pick something new up.

advice?
tips?
etc?

Ive been playing a Ludwig yellow Vistalite 14" x 6.6" for two years now, played 80+ gigs on it not to mention the hours of practice. Its been all over Europe & not a scratch or a crack on it.
Ive read before about people being worried about them cracking etc, one word: HARDCASE.

edit: Buy the shells pre drilled to your spec from drummaker.com (thats where irish drum place gets all their gear & i mean all)
Then buy yer ludwig lugs off ebay usa and screw em on yerself. You can pick up 10 vintage 70's lugs for about 60 dollars at the mo.

Why dont you try get an endorsement from C&C? I did last summer & they said no problem. They offered me my dream kit for cost price:

"Hello Thomas-
Jake Cardwell from c&c here. i would be into working with you via our
endorsement program.

our program basically involves you keeping our logo on your front head.
we'll help fix and maintain your drums. when ever your touring over-sea's,
we will do our best to get you a kit when you need one. as well as fly in gig/s in
the major markets here in the states.

since you included what your looking for, i'll go ahead and get a quote going for you,
the breakdown on this set up would be... at artist rates
*base price on the 26,14,16,18 in green sparkle is $2375 or 1739 euros

*base price is with the standard die cast lugs and
2.3 millimeter hoops
**all snares come standard with tube lugs
you could get the kit going with 1/2 down. and we're looking at about
6- 8 weeks turn around time.

let me know if you have any questions, or want to have me price
something else...
and thanks for your interest in our drums.

all the best-

jake"

I havent got the cash together yet but with the current exchange rate it would be a hell of a lot cheaper now. (1500e to be exact)

DO IT! (you played in front of how many people at arctic monkeys??:))

that sounds like a deadly idea. would they be against using a different snare though? i doubt it once the logo is there on the skin..
i was out in custom irish drums today and he said he wasnt going to build another acrylic. which is reasonable enough. and he gave me a fucking amazing price on a sonor delite 24" bass drum and 16" tom. also tried one of their custom built 22" by 22" kicks. FUCKING MASSIVE. and the sound and control was incredible.
really really lovely to deal with.
got a set of istanbul 14" hats today for 200.

do you have a mail address i could write to C&C at? they seem dead sound.
cheers dude.

so im trying to make a decision last week.

You can use whatever snare you like. I didnt get a quote for a snare with c&c as ive the ludwig. You have to get in touch with them about endorsements through their website.

Ive got the matching snare for that sonar delite kit. Nice drum, picked it up for 150 euro which was a total bargain.

so im going with C&C..
24" kick, 14" rack, 16" floor.
natural finish wood hoops on everything(paying a few extra hundred quid for that).. tube lugs..amber acrylic..

its gonnna be sweeeeeet.
and expensive!

so im going with C&C..
24" kick, 14" rack, 16" floor.
natural finish wood hoops on everything(paying a few extra hundred quid for that).. tube lugs..amber acrylic..

its gonnna be sweeeeeet.
and expensive!

sounds deadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back