A1 Scanner (1 Viewer)

swingkid

Website
www.wfmu.org
seeing as no one reads the home publishing board....

I am looking for access to an A1 scanner to scan in a painting ASAP.
I'd really appreciate your help...
anybody know where one exists that i could use?

thanks.

i'd imagine Hacketts on baggot street might have one.... but then again i'd imagine you're looking to get it done for nowt....

Scanning Scare Stories

I had a lot of problems scanning the painting for "Geography for the Leaving". We also had two other paintings we needed to scan (for upcoming releases).

First I went to Hackett's who - for reasons best known to themselves - scanned one of the three paintings at the correct resolution (300 dpi) but did the others at 200. They kindly offered to redo the scans, but the redone versions came out blurred. At this stage they were acting like I imagine a hippo does when a gnat lands on its fleshy and barely sensitised back. I was a minor irritation and they weren't offering to rescan the paintings.

They also refused to give me any money back, instead insisting that a credit note would have to suffice. So I took my business elsewhere.

This time I went to a place on Charlemont Street - can't remember the name. In fairness to these eejits, they pretty much warned me in advance that they were likely to fuck it up. This they duly did, with large black blotches all over each of the paintings, but they at least gave me my money back when I complained. Why I stuck with them I don't know. I guess it was for reasons best known to myself...

The third attempt was the successful one. Michelle, the sister of a friend, works in an architect's office. She managed to use an A3 scanner to scan the paintings, even though 2 out of 3 were bigger than A3 in size. I then managed to put them back together in Photoshop, although not without some compromise...

In the end, the professionals failed us and it was goodwill that came through. I recommend you work with someone you know rather than a professional you don't, who may see in you merely a single opportunity for business, and not even lucrative business at that.

By way of thanks, we gave Michelle her very own city...

Originally posted by swingkid
seeing as no one reads the home publishing board....

I am looking for access to an A1 scanner to scan in a painting ASAP.
I'd really appreciate your help...
anybody know where one exists that i could use?

thanks.

I got a painting scanned in that basement photography place on Baggott St, can't remember what it's called, it's opposite the big Bank of Ireland there. They took a slide photo of it and scanned that and it came out pretty well, although whatever lighting they put on the painting for the purposes of photography caused a bit of a shine so one small area is a bit washed out looking

Originally posted by egg_
They took a slide photo of it and scanned that and it came out pretty well,

I reckon this would be your best bet Jamie

any other place I can think of are going to scan insections and pase it back together... I've never heard of an A1 colour scanner anywhere in Ireland

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back