"A night in the Sticks All dayer - Wexford - Coitus confirmed (1 Viewer)

That gettign from leitrim to do a gig in limerick with the freebooters was some mess, poor thomas had just gone to bed when poor mickey had to go and wake him up to get in the car - much merriment followed - thomas muttering "who booked this gig" for ages being a highpoint - was a gig with Coldwar and some catalonian lads i think.

Anyway should have the full line up sorted at the weekend, ie 3 remaining acts, oh and skinny sent you that number via myspace so feel free to call.

That gettign from leitrim to do a gig in limerick with the freebooters was some mess, poor thomas had just gone to bed when poor mickey had to go and wake him up to get in the car - much merriment followed - thomas muttering "who booked this gig" for ages being a highpoint - was a gig with Coldwar and some catalonian lads i think.

Anyway should have the full line up sorted at the weekend, ie 3 remaining acts, oh and skinny sent you that number via myspace so feel free to call.

Cheers for that.talk soon.yes that limerick afternoon gig was a bit of a nightmare for all involved,especially you lot.everyone was fucked! Gig in the evening was good tho!

tickets will be twenty euro, a figure arrived at based on estimated costs of bands, generator hire, travel, ticketing, etc etc divided by a decent turnout

there are a lot of unknowns - eg bad weather but it is our intention to neither lose money or to make money, if theres money over afterwards we will most likely bring volunteers out on the lash on the sunday and then decide what to do with the rest. if we lose money we will probably go on the lash ourselves on the sunday and worry about it later.

for a rake of bands, camping and the work of everyone involved etc thats fuck all to be honest.

I heard Coitus wanted a guarantee of £3,000 and it was just Skinny with some back up band...

3000 euro? You know what i do with 3000 euro? I wipe my......no actually,it's drugs and prostitutes.

I have a quality backing band sorted.On guitar its Charlie George the ex arsenal seventies legend who also use to be conors bread man.crispo on drums cos i felt sorry for him cos he did'nt get the metallica,sorry,amebix job.

Fukkin Coitus playin, I'm deffo out of retirement for this one, specially if there's ample parking, not too crowded & a good taxi service back home to me shandy & slippers.|..|

Anything more specific than "a rural pub in Wexford"? Need to see if it'll be tough/easy for me to get there by public transport. Then again, hopefully I'll be driving by then.

Fukkin Coitus playin, I'm deffo out of retirement for this one, specially if there's ample parking, not too crowded & a good taxi service back home to me shandy & slippers.|..|

I had'nt heard you'd retired.I just assumed you were always a real quiet lad.

jesus lads its wexford where the gig is not Iraq, no where in ireland is that far from public transport, people used to regularly hitch to gigs around the country, walk to festivals (right crispo?!) there was a session in wexford few years back where people left to go and hitch to a gig in birmingham, including onto the ferry, and made it. has the celtic tiger driven us all soft or something?

anyway it is rural, why else would they let a load of punks go camping for a start but we have thought of that and there is public transport to a few miles away and we will be organising some kind of transport from there to meet buses etc.

there is a field for parkign cars, vans in etc and we are sortign out a tractor in case of rain shenanigans, obviously sharing vehicles, using public transport etc is more eco friendly but there is room for parking - agian within reason - 300 tickets shouldnt mean more than 100 vehicles etc.

wont be putting up exact venue location here for a good while yet as dont want to be liasing with mr robocop and his mates but if you really have to know at this stage become our friend on
http://www.myspace.com/nightinthesticks
and i can tell you. no probs. will have maps etc nearer the time.

one other thing - no kids as its a pub, no dogs as its the country, no arseholes as we hope to use this venue for annual events,

NO KIDS NO DOGS NO ARSEHOLES.

Thats nearly as catchy as NO CANS NO BOUNCERS

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back