A friend in need is a friend indeed... Can you help? (1 Viewer)

joshthefirst

Northern Hemisphere (north of the equator)
Heya eriecore. My name is Cliff and I'm from Kent, Ohio in the US. I've been working in London at the 56a info center and a vegan cafe called Pogo the past 6 months. It was at Pogo that I met Kieran from the Restarts/MDC who put me in touch with Josh who reccomended I post something here. Long story short, I am getting married and just found out that my visa is about to expire. If it does while im in England it will cause serious legal problems for my fiancee. So I am trying to get the hell out of London and to Dublin for a few days to get sorted. I'm planning to be there from the evening of 27th to the morning of the 30th of october. I know it's short notice but If anyone could put me up for a day or two of my stay I'd truly appreciate it. I can be reached at [email protected] and will be checking my email like crazy all day. Thanks again.

Need help while I'm at your place?
-I can fix your bike
-I can edit video
-I can cook
-I can draw shit

Heya eriecore. My name is Cliff and I'm from Kent, Ohio in the US. I've been working in London at the 56a info center and a vegan cafe called Pogo the past 6 months. It was at Pogo that I met Kieran from the Restarts/MDC who put me in touch with Josh who reccomended I post something here. Long story short, I am getting married and just found out that my visa is about to expire. If it does while im in England it will cause serious legal problems for my fiancee. So I am trying to get the hell out of London and to Dublin for a few days to get sorted. I'm planning to be there from the evening of 27th to the morning of the 30th of october. I know it's short notice but If anyone could put me up for a day or two of my stay I'd truly appreciate it. I can be reached at [email protected] and will be checking my email like crazy all day. Thanks again.

Need help while I'm at your place?
-I can fix your bike
-I can edit video
-I can cook
-I can draw shit

Josh/cliff- I would double check quick smart if what you are planning is sufficient to preserve your legit status re: your visa. The UK and RoI have their own 'common travel area' arrangement regarding immigration /visas and are not party to the EU 'schengen agreement' on border controls. I know no more than that but in the eyes of the UK authorities you may not technically have left the jurisdiction, consult someone who might know more, e.g. citizen's advice in the UK

Josh/cliff- I would double check quick smart if what you are planning is sufficient to preserve your legit status re: your visa. The UK and RoI have their own 'common travel area' arrangement regarding immigration /visas and are not party to the EU 'schengen agreement' on border controls. I know no more than that but in the eyes of the UK authorities you may not technically have left the jurisdiction, consult someone who might know more, e.g. citizen's advice in the UK

I thought our common travel area had been gotten rid of recently, but I may be wrong...

All I know that when travelling from another EU country they do not check your documents i RoI airports but they check your documents if you arrive in a UK airport from EU countries.

I thought our common travel area had been gotten rid of recently, but I may be wrong...

Yes, you are wrong.... there has been some recent pragmatic changes in approach by ireland (such as a routine checking of passports on incoming frights from england), but in theory the CTA remains. There is no common visa system though, like in Schengen area Europe, so if you are not British or Irish you can still be refused into one country (or deported), even if you are fully cleared for the other country. its really just an agreement that relates to Irish and british citizens, and pre-dates the phenomena of global migration.

Anyone gonna offer this guy a scratcher?
Or just prattle on in an uninformed manner about visas?

I would, really... but only just last week i had someone who stayed with us, and in return edited some video for me, fixed my bike, drew a portrait of us for over the mantle piece, and cooked a smashing lentil stew.

What are the chances, eh!?

if theres not a single bit of spare floor space in dublin he's welcome to come down this way, pm me for contact details

last bus is 8.30 this evening to enniscorthy but could collect you there

so this lad stayed in a hostel last night so he is ok, hes coming down to the gig in new ross tonight and then back to his hostel tommorow.

up the punks eh?

so this lad stayed in a hostel last night so he is ok, hes coming down to the gig in new ross tonight and then back to his hostel tommorow.

up the punks eh?

Have TEFL students in the gaff at the moment, so no room at the Inn. Where's the turn up with your stuff and some bottles 'session gaff' these days, are we all too old for that carry on now?!ironyyy

Dude should have offered gargle rather than bike repair and Gazzy would have kicked hansel out of his kennel.

he probably wants to catch his plane home so garys not really the best option!

you going to the match friday tommy? been at the last few - playing lovely football and looking set to pip rovers to the title - couldnt happen in a sweeter manner etc.

you going to the match friday tommy? been at the last few - playing lovely football and looking set to pip rovers to the title - couldnt happen in a sweeter manner etc.

yis are gonna draw with sligo and we're gonna keep winning .|..|

No, mad few weeks in work:mad: its been a pain. will be in Bray for sure next week.|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back