81st Academy Award Nominations (1 Viewer)

fuck the oscars. fuck award ceremonies. fuck david fincher, he hit his peak with se7en and it's been all downhill since. fuck kate winslet, she can't do anything besides period dramas and she's an unconvining actress. fuck the reader, it's got ralph fiennes in it. fuck slumdog millionaire, danny boyle is a hack. fuck batman begins, it's a wildly overrated bore. milk, the wrestler and in bruges should win everything but probably won't. who's presenting?

I've seen pretty much all the major films (bar The Reader, anyone seen this one??) and really think it's a good list all in all.. Wall E shoul have gotten the nod for best picture though imho.

fuck the oscars. fuck award ceremonies. fuck david fincher, he hit his peak with se7en and it's been all downhill since. fuck kate winslet, she can't do anything besides period dramas and she's an unconvining actress. fuck the reader, it's got ralph fiennes in it. fuck slumdog millionaire, danny boyle is a hack. fuck batman begins, it's a wildly overrated bore. milk, the wrestler and in bruges should win everything but probably won't. who's presenting?

I think it's Hugh Jackman

Would a white gown be too weddingy for the Oscars?
I am looking forard to Frost/Nixon though.has anyone seen it?

lookin at that list you'd swear there were only 8 movies made last year...maybe the rest were truly god-awful.

any films/actors that should be up there?

I would say Kirsten Scott-Thomas from Best Actress and I've Loved You So Long from Best Foreign Language are glaring omissions. Haven't seen many of the big films so I'l reserve judgement.

Wanted to place a bet or two on em today and the odds for some of them have gone to 1-100 thanks to that bloody faked document the other day. :mad:

I got on to Paddy Power immediately after reading about that and there was still decent odds but I was too chicken to bet on anything as the prices were still quite short.
Was it a fake in the end?

A bit like the fake Gambra at the Xmas party who told me he was from the same place in Limerick as my grandmother and kept up the pretence for a good 45 seconds or so.

I got on to Paddy Power immediately after reading about that and there was still decent odds but I was too chicken to bet on anything as the prices were still quite short.
Was it a fake in the end?

A bit like the fake Gambra at the Xmas party who told me he was from the same place in Limerick as my grandmother and kept up the pretence for a good 45 seconds or so.

:confused::eek: Shocking behavior.

Yeah, PriceWaterhouseCooper proved it was a fake to the Mail journalists. They didn't say if any of the results were wrong though, just that the document was fake.

you have to be a member of the academy.

did you forget to pay your membership fees?

Poor old Sean Penn he's won two best actor Oscars now and each time it's all been about the person he beat, Bill Murray in 2004 and now Mickey Rourke in 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back