Meeting People (2 Viewers)

I didn't watch TV for three years in the mid 1990's. This was a big Irish advert when I got back into TV.
For an Irish junk food company this must have been as expensive as it gets?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I don't eat crisps either.

I'd a reasonably nice date* recently and now it seems to be fastly evovling into ann post has to plan everything zone which is a zone I don't like. I don't mean like surprise weekends - I mean like hanging out is pre-loaded with me having to think of something nice to do. I'm a busy busy ann. Seems to be a bit of a red flag for me now.

*irishman downplays everything tone

I'd a reasonably nice date* recently and now it seems to be fastly evovling into ann post has to plan everything zone which is a zone I don't like. I don't mean like surprise weekends - I mean like hanging out is pre-loaded with me having to think of something nice to do. I'm a busy busy ann. Seems to be a bit of a red flag for me now.

*irishman downplays everything tone

This turned out to be true anywhoo. strong independent woman who also needs a personal entertainments consultant - like I get it, theres nothing wrong with it, other than i have a free time deficit.

Anywhoo in the meantimes I think i had the fastest speedrun of the hot/crazy cycle in my known history.

conversation starts on dating app
I'm invited to whatsapp
in one image on my profile i'm with a dog, there is no statement anywhere that i own a dog.
person asks about sad dog.
I immediately clarify that it is not my dog, it's just a rare photo of me that doesn't look like a cctv freeze frame from a missing persons documentary.
blocked on whatsapp, but only after a mini essay on me being a liar that took about 3 reads to get over the lack of punctuation and the high speed rage typed nonsensicality of it all.
Total runtime approx 3hrs from adding on whatsapp to blocking.
Taking a few days off that craic now.

That’s shitty, sorry Ann.
Weird that someone would have that strong a reaction to your photo, I’d assume someone has seriously catfished them in the past (dogfished in this case) or just a tad unhinged. I sometimes used a picture of me driving the Millennium Falcon, so I guess I should have added a disclaimer.

I’m getting less and less patient with picking places to eat or where to go. I was meeting my sister in law at her job yesterday for coffee and she’s worked in the area for 6 years. It was like pulling teeth trying to get her to pick one single place for a coffee and this was Drumcondra, not exactly the sticks.

I went home on my own last night, despite a couple of seemingly good chats with people. I was witty and charming and tall, "oh my god are you Irish? *giggle I like your accent *demure look"
Those people did not go home on their own. Both of them taken in by the charms of noisy cocaine fools. I feel like a warm up act.

Maybe I should just get some cocaine.

That’s shitty, sorry Ann.
Weird that someone would have that strong a reaction to your photo, I’d assume someone has seriously catfished them in the past (dogfished in this case) or just a tad unhinged. I sometimes used a picture of me driving the Millennium Falcon, so I guess I should have added a disclaimer.

I’m getting less and less patient with picking places to eat or where to go. I was meeting my sister in law at her job yesterday for coffee and she’s worked in the area for 6 years. It was like pulling teeth trying to get her to pick one single place for a coffee and this was Drumcondra, not exactly the sticks.

Oh yeah for sure, i 100% was hearing what they wanted to say to someone else - Kinda a good thing to identify the complete incompatibility in 3hrs anywhoo, instead of a few months or whatever. I got unhinged vibes for sure.

I might put a disclaimer on the dog. If they hadn't lost their shit immediately the dog story is technically good in that the dog wouldn't interact with anyone in the bar, and then just jumped on my lap and hung out for twenty minutes because i'm such great guy etc, anywhooooo - I think there is a little onus on men to pick places but after a few dates I feel that needs to become a bit of a shared thing.

Those people did not go home on their own. Both of them taken in by the charms of noisy cocaine fools. I feel like a warm up act.

Lads on cocaine in our age range are the bane of my life. I've had similar nights to what you are describing.
By about 12-1 I'm thnking 'one pint, then I'm off home' while i'm talking to anyone, these pricks are beaming with fake energy and confidence and the offer of free drugs at this stage of the night, which is when decisions are made, good or bad.

I'm still not interested in taking the shit though - it's the worst personality

I might put a disclaimer on the dog. If they hadn't lost their shit immediately the dog story is technically good in that the dog wouldn't interact with anyone in the bar, and then just jumped on my lap and hung out for twenty minutes because i'm such great guy etc, anywhooooo - I think there is a little onus on men to pick places but after a few dates I feel that needs to become a bit of a shared thing.
A friend of mine, the wonderful Katherine, was telling some people about her dog. Someone asked if the dog was still alive, and she said no, it wasn't. It was made into a pair of slippers now. Her father killed the dog because it got old. She pointed at the slippers she was wearing which had been a topic of conversation.

I've never seen a conversation grind to an immediate halt as hard as this.

I also never completely knew if she was taking the piss out of the people asking her about the dog, her slippers, or growing up in the arseholes of Greenland. I was too transfixed by her effortless ability to take conversations to the strangest places with an unbelievably sweet sounding Greenlandic accent.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back