5d mark 2 announced (2 Viewers)

Video Capture is being put on a lot of the new models. That's the plan anyway. I thought it was going to be a novelty for a while, until they sort out the technology, but with HD capture? That sounds great.

I guess I just don't see why I want video capture on my camera. And how much memory will it use. I'd love to see test shots at the iso level though. Although it did dawn on me that if I had the mkII I could capture video through my fisheye lens, which appealed to me. Think I'll stick with my mkI for a while yet though.

i think the hd recording thing is gonna take off big time.
compact flash cards go up to 64 gigs as well. i'd say it'll be deadly.

i think the hd recording thing is gonna take off big time.

Do you think? I would have thought that since these cameras are so expensive they are obviously aimed at professionals who want a high quality reliable camera to take photographs. If they want to take hd video as well then they would have a hd video camera too, rather than a still camera with a video add-on which is hardly going to be as good as a dedicated HD video camera ....

It's kinda handy I suppose though having both in one package though ...

The only reason I can see shooting video with a stills camera is to have a nice selection of lenses and a shallow depth of field that cannot be achieved with a video camera without a dof adapter...
Still a gimmick buh

Do you think? I would have thought that since these cameras are so expensive they are obviously aimed at professionals who want a high quality reliable camera to take photographs. If they want to take hd video as well then they would have a hd video camera too, rather than a still camera with a video add-on which is hardly going to be as good as a dedicated HD video camera ....

It's kinda handy I suppose though having both in one package though ...

its obviously not gonna replace hd camera's but its kinda like mobile phones with cameras on them. its not gonna replace a good digital slr or compact but its still functional and serves its purpose. plus the cameras you get on some phones are really good.

its obviously not gonna replace hd camera's but its kinda like mobile phones with cameras on them. its not gonna replace a good digital slr or compact but its still functional and serves its purpose. plus the cameras you get on some phones are really good.

ugh, that sounded better in my head.

no one seems to know what the fuck is going on regarding pre-order.
rang calumet and they told me they've 50 pre-ordered in their ny shop, they've 600 units on order but cant guarantee they'll have them in stock.
b&h have stopped pre-order altogether and adorama say its not available.

I was speaking to Kathy in Gunn's last week and they are def getting 5 (FIVE!) in but the date is still unknown, end of November is the universal date I've seen bandied about.
I ordered the 5th one and it will not be anymore than €2500 and probs a bit under as she has agreed to match the other brick n' mortar shops in Dublin.
The after service would be better there too I would imagine.
When I do purchase it I shall cross the road to Whelans to unbox and charge it there, I do this with every Camera I buy, last one was the 40D in the Long stone. :D

I was speaking to Kathy in Gunn's last week and they are def getting 5 (FIVE!) in but the date is still unknown, end of November is the universal date I've seen bandied about.
I ordered the 5th one and it will not be anymore than €2500 and probs a bit under as she has agreed to match the other brick n' mortar shops in Dublin.
The after service would be better there too I would imagine.
When I do purchase it I shall cross the road to Whelans to unbox and charge it there, I do this with every Camera I buy, last one was the 40D in the Long stone. :D

i realise that im taking a risk buying the camera over there but im buying a few lenses as well so fuck it.
dont spill your bulmers on the new camera now janer.lololololol

canon are supposidly releasing a firmware update after christmas that will allow the camera to record at 24fps as opposed to the 30fps its set to...

I'm keeping my 40D for the dodgier rough gigs.
:D
What lenses are you getting, I heard 5D FF's totally are super sexy with L lenses.
I have the 24-105L and the heavy bastard of a 70-200L 2.8 IS!

24-70 2.8 and a 15mm fisheye.
to be honest that sample video that yer man put up was filmed entirely on ridiculously expensive L lenses so its no wonder the stuff looks shit hot.

I bet you it will be better quality than the Sony camcorder I use for filming all my gigs, the short 12 minute limit(?) will perfectly suit my gig filming, also there is so many combimations to use with the diff lenses.
24-70 has often tempted me, its heavier than the 24-105 and has no IS and shorter reach but it does that extra stop of light.
Think I have other lenses to get b4 I would consider that now though, I def am interested in the affordable long zoom of the 100-400IS for my Cricket shooting next summer.

While you can get some interesting shots with the fisheye I heard the novelty wears off, then again Shay from here really uses his well, and at gigs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back