Jaysus cycling! (7 Viewers)

Thanks, Scutter
Don't know what Di2 is
Just want whatever it comes with
I know I can go fast on whatever it comes with
Like I'm putting BMX pedals on it

I know I just need a positive angle stem to have it fit me correctly.

This used one is for sale locally

Specs​

FrameRoadmachine Premium Carbon with Tuned Compliance Concept Endurance, Internal Cable Routing
ForkRoadmachine Premium Carbon with Tuned Compliance Concept Endurance, Internal Cable Routing, 50mm Offset (Size 47-51), 45mm Offset (Size 54-61)
RimsPRD23, 23mm
HubsFront: CL-712
Rear: RXC-1425
AxlesFront: 12x100mm
Rear: 12x142mm
TiresVittoria Rubino, 28mm
Bottom BracketPF86
CranksetShimano FC-RS510
ShiftersShimano 105
Front DerailleurShimano 105
Rear DerailleurShimano 105
Cassette/FreewheelShimano 105 11-32T
ChainShimano 105
BrakesShimano 105, RT54 Rotors (160/160)
HandlebarsBMC RAB 03, Ergo Top Shape, Compact Bend
StemBMC RSM01
SeatpostRoadmachine Premium Carbon D-Shaped Seatpost
SaddleSelle Royal
PedalsSold separately

Thanks, Scutter
Don't know what Di2 is
Just want whatever it comes with
I know I can go fast on whatever it comes with
Like I'm putting BMX pedals on it

I know I just need a positive angle stem to have it fit me correctly.

This used one is for sale locally

Specs​

FrameRoadmachine Premium Carbon with Tuned Compliance Concept Endurance, Internal Cable Routing
ForkRoadmachine Premium Carbon with Tuned Compliance Concept Endurance, Internal Cable Routing, 50mm Offset (Size 47-51), 45mm Offset (Size 54-61)
RimsPRD23, 23mm
HubsFront: CL-712
Rear: RXC-1425
AxlesFront: 12x100mm
Rear: 12x142mm
TiresVittoria Rubino, 28mm
Bottom BracketPF86
CranksetShimano FC-RS510
ShiftersShimano 105
Front DerailleurShimano 105
Rear DerailleurShimano 105
Cassette/FreewheelShimano 105 11-32T
ChainShimano 105
BrakesShimano 105, RT54 Rotors (160/160)
HandlebarsBMC RAB 03, Ergo Top Shape, Compact Bend
StemBMC RSM01
SeatpostRoadmachine Premium Carbon D-Shaped Seatpost
SaddleSelle Royal
PedalsSold separately

Di2 is shimano's electronic shifting. I've never used it properly, but I think it's meant to be pretty solid.
I like BMC stuff, but I'd go for Giant in the above list. They actually build their own frames, in house. As well as build frames for lots of other manufacturers.

I like tubeless stuff, it works fairly well, it rolls beautifully. I've used it off road even, and it's still worked with all cactus spines in the tyres and shit. You can get a tubeless set up and still put tubes in though.

edit (BMX pedals are going to be quite grippy. Most humans don't have perfect pedal stroke. You can sit in behind almost everyone after about 100 kms you;ll watch them wobble their knee a bit, twist their foot slightly, etc at a certain point of the pedal stroke. If you prevent that from happening in the float of the clipless pedal, it's going to try to happen somewhere else, eg your knee. So you might end up with knee problems after a summer's miles worth. ie, clipless pedals have a float, or an ability to allow your foot slip around a little bit - this takes torque off your knee and rm's knee pain)

Last edited:
Yeah, the only reason I'd consider those clipless is for form. Good info.
I think if you want to get good pedaling form a fixed gear is probably going to help the most?

Like, the clipless is really just going to get your foot in the right place so you can forget about it from that point. It might tend to allow you to relax your ankle, which maybe can improve form a little bit. But overall form (in my experience) gets more fluid from spinning fixed gear, including a even few downhills in the ride.

I think if you want to get good pedaling form a fixed gear is probably going to help the most?

Like, the clipless is really just going to get your foot in the right place so you can forget about it from that point. It might tend to allow you to relax your ankle, which maybe can improve form a little bit. But overall form (in my experience) gets more fluid from spinning fixed gear, including a even few downhills in the ride.
So I have a fixed gear city bike that I love
I also have a Surly gravel winter bike

This road bike will be for training and racing in

i haven't actually eyeballed it yet, but for €100 i wasn't going to turn it down.

View attachment 17618

after a bit of googling, i have discovered that it seems to be a 1992 diablo DX model. (the diablo decal on the top tube is still barely visible). i might try to source an original deore DX RD to replace the one that's on it.

getting back to this - none of you pricks happen to have a deore DX rear derailleur gathering dust, do you?

i replaced the cassette and chain; the chain was well worn so i replaced the cassette too. minor issue was that the rear hub is not original, it's an 8 speed; so i had to play with some spacers to get the new 7 speed cassette to fit properly - the previous owner had been using an 8 speed cassette on a 7 speed shifter.

new cassette (got it in humphries) is a brand called 9nine. seems like good quality.

getting back to this - none of you pricks happen to have a deore DX rear derailleur gathering dust, do you?

i replaced the cassette and chain; the chain was well worn so i replaced the cassette too. minor issue was that the rear hub is not original, it's an 8 speed; so i had to play with some spacers to get the new 7 speed cassette to fit properly - the previous owner had been using an 8 speed cassette on a 7 speed shifter.

new cassette (got it in humphries) is a brand called 9nine. seems like good quality.
there's a place out in Ballymun called... ehh, I dunno, "re-discovery" or something. Basically cycle to Ballymun, and aim for the chimney. There's a bike place in there, they're great. They might have an old mech hanging around. Maybe worth a phone call?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back