32% strength beer (1 Viewer)

seanface

Website
www.myspace.com
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/8380412.stm

Had a few different beers from these lads. They seem to be permanently in the headlines over here for brewing all kinds of mad stuff. Would you part with 30 notes for a bottle of beer? Local offy here stocked the 18% one for about a tenner a bottle and the shopkeep told me it was his best selling beer for as long as he could keep it in stock!

I was in Beligum and had one of those beer menus and was just choosing the names that were fun to say, not paying much attention to the percent. I had one and nearly fell over. I think one of those above would kill me. I'm too much of a lightweight. It can't taste good, can it?

i've had 8 and 10 % a few times and it's barely drinkable, great for getting barmy drunk tho. i'd say 32% tastes like 3rd hand fresh whiskey vomit.

300px-Macaroni_pies.jpg

drive one of these into ya for soakage and sure you'll be grand.

scotland, you will be the death of me

Yeah, I've had a few of their beers and think they're pretty good. With that 32% one, I wonder what they mean by "beer". To the best of my knowledge, you can't brew anything close to that strength without some sort of distillation going in which makes me wonder is it a beer at all.

I wonder how it tastes.

Yeah, I've had a few of their beers and think they're pretty good. With that 32% one, I wonder what they mean by "beer". To the best of my knowledge, you can't brew anything close to that strength without some sort of distillation going in which makes me wonder is it a beer at all.

I wonder how it tastes.
i miss you wobbler.
when are you home for teh christmas?

Yeah I had some 30something% beer in Germany and it was sickly sweet. Ok, but you couldn't really drink more than one or two.

Upon further investigation it seems the drink I had was actually only 11% ABV which doesn't sound nearly as exciting. It is Vetter 33 that advertises itself as the strongest beer in the world, apparently at one stage (1994 Guinness Book Of Records) this was correct but it has long since been surpassed. I remember arguing with my friend that there was no way it was 33% but she insisted. It tasted nearly like a Sherry.

I don't understand the attraction of these strong beers beyond the novelty. Isn't the ideal strength for beer about 6% for you to get the best out of what actually makes it a beer?

From the top of my head, to be honest. But I thought 4-6 was natural and the rest is just messing. At least if you go over 8 then you are not getting the beer's essence, so to speak?
Just asking like....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back