2015 releases worth a listen... (1 Viewer)

You should check out the 'Thomas Carnacki - The Ghost Finder' stories. They're a great strange read

They're great fun. I love all William Hope Hodgeson's work, his novels The House on the Borderland and The Night Land are absolutely amazing. The former is pure Lovecraftian psychedelic horror and the latter is a weird speculative fiction dystopian LOTR-esque quest unlike any other book I've read.

They're great fun. I love all William Hope Hodgeson's work, his novels The House on the Borderland and The Night Land are absolutely amazing. The former is pure Lovecraftian psychedelic horror and the latter is a weird speculative fiction dystopian LOTR-esque quest unlike any other book I've read.

They sound like they're right up my street. Just about to head to the airport so that's my travel reading sorted.

Jane Weaver released a new album today called the Amber Light.

I can't post a link to anything because I can't find anything thats generally available.

If you have spotify though, get over there. Check out a song called 'Your are Dissolved'. Kinda reminds me of Broadcast a bit. Its great.

just on this, the CD comes with a bonus disc that has a mini-album on it. That song I mentioned is on that bonus disc.

The vinyl doesn't have the bonus stuff, and its about 4 quid dearer. So I reckon getting the CD is the smart move here.

I'm finding the Kendrik Lamar album good but fairly beyond my understanding.

I'm so white.

Well, I get what he's on about, it's a timely record. But it's a bit serious tonally, eat-your-greens like.

Then I stuck on the Action Bronson record and it's like someone ordered pizza.
Loving it.

I'm loving this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wish my commute was longer

King Kunta got a proper video

Well, I get what he's on about, it's a timely record. But it's a bit serious tonally, eat-your-greens like.
It's not even that, it's just that my knowledge of hip hop is spotty at best so a lot of it is even sonically hard for me to get into. I can hear the quality of it but i'm not reaching for repeat much.

It's not even that, it's just that my knowledge of hip hop is spotty at best so a lot of it is even sonically hard for me to get into. I can hear the quality of it but i'm not reaching for repeat much.

Yeah, I'm hearing little references all over the place. Reckon I'm getting about 10% of them. Ha.

This is great

I read about these lads in a music mag last week. Check out this piece.

Grandbrothers mix classical and modern on Naive Rider | DummyMag.com

in summary, every track on the album is primarily played on a grand piano which they've developed a way of playing via a laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back