1964 Ludwig Gold Sparkle (1 Viewer)

shower another shower

!964 gold sparkle. 13" tom, 16" Floor, 20" Kick, 14"x5.5" wood Tama snare in natural stain burst. This is a not a collector kit. the toms' bearing edges were re-edged to a 45 degree angle by Orange County Drum and Percussion(OCDP) and sound better than they did when they were new, or any other vintage kit. The 13" tom has a RIMS mounting, the floor tom has floor isolating rubber feet. Incredible resonance. Will include mounting arm and clamp to attach to an existing stand for the 13"tom. Just selling the kit, no hardware or cymbals, and will split the snare out of the kit if you don't need it. I really don't want to sell my drum kit at all, but have my eye on another Ludwig and can't afford the two.
Like I said, this is not a collector kit. Redoing the bearing edge may have taken value of the kit for aesthetic reasons, but was a substantial investment in the quality of sound.
Serious offers I will consider

ive seen this for a good variation of prices on th'internet, for shell sets like. what kind of ball park are you talking? just curious mind.

I paid US$1375 for the Ludwig shells, then more to OCDP for the bearing edge job. Its hard to say what they're worth because its a fairly unique set of drums. Then I also payed shipping. Paid Euro350 for the Tama snare less than a year ago.
I don't want to let them go because they sound amazing. Its a gigging/recording kit, not a show piece. I've danced around a stage with the bass drum over my head, while somebody else bate the shit out of it. Its not the prettiest kit, but 100% functional. Best set I've owned in 28 years/a dozen set ups.
I'm still trying to figure out how not to sell them, but am looking at a fairly pricey acrylic kit.
Ball park? I wouldn't have a fucking clue!

There's a couple of pics at http://www.myspace.com/largemound
and some pics and video at http://www.largemound.com
No close ups, but will take some this week, or if anyone wants to hear/play them, PM me.

Bump.
Think I'm ready to part with this. Have thought long and hard about it. Have my eye on something and a few weeks break from the Mound to sort something else out.
PM me with an offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back