15year old anarchist beaten to death on Mayday. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1

W.

fuck dialectics
Since 2000
http://www.indymedia.ie/newswire.php?story_id=69737

ogotá -- As usual, this May Day there was a massive demonstration in Bogotá, Colombia. Hundreds of people from a diverse range of social movements took the streets to fight against capitalism. Walking along with the workers, there were a lot of young anarchists that agitated their black flags and shouted for freedom while hearing rock bands in a non-violent attitude.
anarchistbannner.jpg

Suddenly, when the demonstration reached one of the main streets of downtown Bogotá, the police started to throw tear gas to the anarchists without any reason. Soon there was an explosion and the police initiated a violent repression, hitting people with wooden sticks and shooting rubber bullets in all directions. In this moment a 15 year old, who was walking inside the anarchist block, was badly beaten up by various policemen. Nicolás David Neira Alvares was then surrounded by these savages and was beaten up until he lost conscience. Various comrades came to the rescue and they were able to take Nicolás to a hospital in the Westside of Bogotá. After that, he was taken to another hospital were he is still in critical conditions. He has a strong head trauma and minor contusions in his body. He was hit so hard in the head, that for now he can?t be operated. As it is expected, none of this reached the press.

In addition to this horrible event, there at least six people wounded with rubber bullets, one person wounded by ?an explosive of dispersion? thrown by the police and various people received beatings in their heads, faces and bodies. Right now the unions and the anarchists are trying to organize a public sue, but there is the immediate need of an international divulgation of these events in order to denounce this hideous atrocity made by the police.

See pictures from the demo and the repression over here:
http://www.simone.bruno.name/primo/index_8.htm
http://colombia.indymedia.org/news/2005/05/24920.php
http://perso.wanadoo.es/rompiendocabuyas/primerodemayo.htm

A Solidarity action is being discussed, I'll keep you posted.

:(

Anarchist, Nicolas David Neira Alvares, Died Yesterday After Brutal Beating From 8 Pigz
author: V!
After suffering for 7 days in critical condition from severe head trauma and contusions in his body, Nicolas David Neira Alvares died at age 15. He was brutally beaten by 8 Bogota, Columbia pigz and left to die. This Mayday, like many others around the world, workers from many social movements gathered in Bogota, Columbia to march for worker's rights and to commemorate the events of 1886 in Chicago. According to accounts there was music and dancing and folks were in a non-violent mood. As the march reached the downtown area, pigz suddenly opened fire with tear gas and rubber bullets. Exploiting the chaos that ensued the pigz(faces concealed) charged into the crowd brutally beating people. In this moment 8 pigz singled out a 15 yr old male anarchist and beat him into unconsciousness. Many comrades bravely attempted to interfere to rescue him. It is unclear how long it was before they were successful. Alvares was then taken to the Salud Coop Hospital where he suffered for 7 days until his death. Apparently the trauma was so extensive that they were unable to operate to save him.

In addition to this tragedy, many others were severely injured. The survivors are planning to come together to sue. International support is needed to help these cases to be taken seriously. Much sustained international pressure will be needed to bring these murderers to justice. Unless the sytem fails, in which case, there is always the baseball bats and molotovs of the people.

Not surprisingly, the media did all it could to blackout this news. But through the efforts of independent media sources the story has gotten out and the Colombian media has been forced to give it mention. Although with extreme bias. More efforts are needed to bring attention to the truth of this of this brutal murder and the many assaults.

I'm just quoting articles, dont know about the rough Justice suggested in the above.

!ninjaaaa

Holy fuck, thats just sickening to read. Its hard to find the words sometimes to express how fucking evil it is that something like that has happened. I really hope they get somewhere sueing the police, but God knows they'll probaly get away with at and nobody will ever be blamed.

Keep us updated Weeler.

those fucking pigs deserve to burn in hell for all eternity. for them to have beaten someone of any age is unforgivable but the fact that they systematically pummelled a 15 year old to death makes me feel sick. after Carlo Giuliani was martyred i thought maybe that'll be the last we see of the pigs behaving in such a violent fashion as to actually murder someone like that in public. they seem to have this unabashed sense of security in their actions. the fact that there has never been a glimmer of justice since Genoa spreads the notion amongst The Law that it's ok to put bullets through skulls, run over people twice and then beat kids to death.

what makes me so sad is that this poor kid was literally vegetablised for 7 days. it says that the extent of the beatings were such that the docs couldnt even operate on him. it took that poor kid 7 whole days to die...no doubt with a pureed brain and the most unbearable pain....and his family completely helpless to stop it.

i would wholeheartedly support any action that is taken to prevent this kind of scenario from being repeated ever again...so keep updating whatever you find out.

reading this has left me :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

La La said:
they seem to have this unabashed sense of security in their actions. the fact that there has never been a glimmer of justice since Genoa spreads the notion amongst The Law that it's ok to put bullets through skulls, run over people twice and then beat kids to death.

are you serious ? This happened in fucking Columbia, Columbian cops don`t need a kid to be murdered in Italy for them to think it is ok to do the same thing, they`ve been at it much more successfully for a lot longer ...

Problematic said:
are you serious ? This happened in fucking Columbia, Columbian cops don`t need a kid to be murdered in Italy for them to think it is ok to do the same thing, they`ve been at it much more successfully for a lot longer ...

ok. i'm trying to phrase this so i dont get misunderstood. essentially the point i was making had to do with what happened in Genoa. i know as well as the next person that corruption is rife in Columbia when it comes to the police et al. my point was, that the actions taken by the murderers in Genoa were never fully acknowledged; ie, those bastards got off fairly lightly considering they had, in front of the eyes of the world, extinguished Giuliani's life and then ran over his bleeding body. twice! in full public view!
what i'm asking is; what kind of message does this send out? i know all kinds of shit must go down everyday in columbia, but at the end of the day, at a Mayday rally, the pigs murdered an innocent 15 year old. it doesnt matter if you're italian, swiss or from timbuktoo....if these cops get away with it (which seems more than likely) are we supposed to hold our breath until someone os murdered during the G8?

this happened on the 1st of april this year.

A death squad has killed at least 30 people in the Brazilian state of Rio de Janeiro, police say.

Several teenagers and a child were among those gunned down on Thursday night in towns in the districts of Queimados and Nova Iguacu. Authorities say they are looking at the possible role of what they call rogue police, in a potential act of reprisal for recent arrests of eight officers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4401525.stm

La La said:
if these cops get away with it (which seems more than likely) are we supposed to hold our breath until someone os murdered during the G8?

I take your point, but my problem with it is why does it take the killing of somebody you idenitfy with because he was blacked up to move you to call for some kind of action, and your last line of "holding our breath until someone is murdered during the G8" kinda underscores that line of thinking. People, including many women and children are slaughtered by state forces in Columbia on a daily basis, my only point was, tradgey that it is, the death of one anarchist on a protest is small potatoes compared to some of the other stuff going on (and I don`t mean that to demean his death in any way).

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/03/306091.html

that happend a couple of months back, but there are tons of other recent examples. Why wait until something happens to someone you share a belief system with before getting involved in trying to do something to highlight these events ?

"Why wait until something happens to someone you share a belief system with before getting involved in trying to do something to highlight these events ?"

Well, its not necessarily a matter of waiting. There's a million and one disgusting things happening in the world today, like you say yourself
"there are tons of other recent examples". They all deserve attention drawn to them but people only have so much time to spend which is one reason why they're more likely to try and do something about issues they feel extra strongly about, or over injustices to people they have an affinity with - such as sharing "a belief system". I don't think anyone who wants to protest this murder is morally obliged to have protested over every police killing in Columbia.

wageslave said:
I don't think anyone who wants to protest this murder is morally obliged to have protested over every police killing in Columbia.

no of course not, but I was just a little annoyed at the insular nature of the previous post, where the police aggression to be fought was spoken about in terms of aggression against protesting anarchists, threading it from Genoa, to Bogota and on to the upcoming G8 summit.

Problematic said:
I take your point, but my problem with it is why does it take the killing of somebody you idenitfy with because he was blacked up to move you to call for some kind of action, and your last line of "holding our breath until someone is murdered during the G8" kinda underscores that line of thinking. People, including many women and children are slaughtered by state forces in Columbia on a daily basis, my only point was, tradgey that it is, the death of one anarchist on a protest is small potatoes compared to some of the other stuff going on (and I don`t mean that to demean his death in any way).

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2005/03/306091.html

that happend a couple of months back, but there are tons of other recent examples. Why wait until something happens to someone you share a belief system with before getting involved in trying to do something to highlight these events ?

i've been of this belief for quite a while now.....long before people wearing masks were gunned down in the street. i still think you're misunderstanding me....
i dont condone for one second what happens in columbia on a daily basis; this thread, however has to do with what happened during a mayday protest. thats not to say i dont care about all the other inhumane atrocities that occur; i'm just trying to stick with the subject, considering G8 is around the corner.

wageslave said:
"Why wait until something happens to someone you share a belief system with before getting involved in trying to do something to highlight these events ?"

Well, its not necessarily a matter of waiting. There's a million and one disgusting things happening in the world today, like you say yourself
"there are tons of other recent examples". They all deserve attention drawn to them but people only have so much time to spend which is one reason why they're more likely to try and do something about issues they feel extra strongly about, or over injustices to people they have an affinity with - such as sharing "a belief system". I don't think anyone who wants to protest this murder is morally obliged to have protested over every police killing in Columbia.

thank you.

in response to Prob again...
that's the point i was trying to make. this is a sore subject, and the fact that my "insular comments" have upset you is the least of my worries. you were picking holes in my response to this crime when I have and always will fully support any action that is taken. this begs the question....have you been at every protest in columbia and wrung your hands everytime someone there has been killed on a day to day basis?

La La said:
you were picking holes in my response to this crime when I have and always will fully support any action that is taken.

I wasn`t just picking holes in your response, you`re initial post implied that the murder of this kid in Bogota was directly linked to the killing of Carlo Giuliani becuase no cops have been prosecuted in that case and consequently you theorise that all cops now think that they can get away with literally murder. My point was that it isn`t as simple as that, especially in Columbia where cops work with impunity and the May Day protest was lucky to get away with just one kid killed. This killing has more of a relationship to the much larger picture in Columbia than it has to the killing of Carlo Giuliani, although it is understandable and necessary that blackblockers would want to claim it as their own. That isn`t a bad thing either because any international attention drawn to this shit is good. I wasn`t attacking you in any way, just trying to broaden the picture.

So anyway, if there's gonna be an action...

...why not do the Columbian Embassy, then go to the Brazilian one for the lads in Rio. We could get in touch with LASC, organize something with them, maybe?

Then we could show solidarity with the Anarco's, and the people who have to deal with pigs shoving guns in their faces on a daily basis.

C'mon, who's with me????????

there is no columbian embassy, just a consul out in foxrock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back