13th floor elevators (1 Viewer)

magnetize

Website
www.whirlinghallofknives.com
anyone whos into the 13th floor elevators - theres a 10 cd boxset, limited to 3000 copies, out in early 09.
the fact alone that the original lps have been properly mixed & remastered (as anyone who wanted to hear 'the psychedelic sounds..' in its proper glory) would be reason enough to get this but theres also two lost lps and a slew of unrelased and live material, a book and posters, etc..

http://www.internationalartistsrecords.com/13th_sottem.html

watched that documentary "you're going to miss me" a while back, really enjoyed it. It's a must see i'd say.

so, anyone get the boxset? only available from the site. got all the albums in freebird. lovely remasters.

also picked up an amazing roky erikson 2 disk comp of live stuff and an amazing radio slot. great interview snippets. I still haven't seen the film.

so, anyone get the boxset? only available from the site. got all the albums in freebird. lovely remasters.

also picked up an amazing roky erikson 2 disk comp of live stuff and an amazing radio slot. great interview snippets. I still haven't seen the film.
Mine still hasn't arrived - anyone else get theirs?

are the remastered albums available separately, do you know?

my current copy of easter everywhere sounds like it is being played in a galvanized bucket.

Yeah, I'm a fan. The boxset is a bit too much for my liking though. I have the first two albums, didn't even bother with "Bull of the Woods" so the lavish boxset isn't going to tempt me.

Terrific band though -- I'd known them vaugely through Nuggets but reading the "Eye Mind" book got me more interested in them. "Easter Everywhere" is my favourite.

Roky Erickson, what a brilliant singer - and what a kick-arse garage racket they made!

I see Roky is doing a gig this summer in London, any chance he'll hit these shores?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back