11th December : Tiny Magnetic Pets 'Control Me' + Remixes (1 Viewer)

psycho

Website
www.psychonavigation.com

Artist: Tiny Magnetic Pets

Title: “Control Me” (Single) + Remixes

Release Date : 11th December 2009

Label: Psychonavigation

[email protected]

Listen here : http://www.junodownload.com/products/1495586-02.htm

Keep It Live, Keep It Analogue!

With the release of “Control Me”, Tiny Magnetic Pets round off an eventful 2009 which saw them sign a deal with
Universal in the Philippines, play to 3,000 people at Dublin Docklands, have their debut single receive the “Song Of The Week” accolade from Ian Dempsey, record live radio sessions for 2FM’s Dan Hegarty & Today FM’s Paul McLoone, get featured in a multitude of press & radio interviews while notching up airplay from Dublin to LA .

The second single from their critically acclaimed debut album “Return Of The Tiny Magnetic Pets”, “Control Me” is a slab of Electro-Rock, complete with synth solo & topped off with a gorgeous vocal delivery from Paula which one reviewer described as “Siouxie meets Goldfrapp”.

Lyrically the song deals with control freaks and their enablers: people who are happy to drift by allowing others to make decisions for them. The release features a banging dancefloor mix from J
ohn Gibbons & Scimon Tist which has already entered MixMag’s Dance Music Chart while Mr. Spring, Corrugated Tunnel & Sunil Sharpe change the mood with more abstract electro mixes.

The activity continues into 2010 with the UK release of “Return Of...” via Cargo in February preceded by a one-off non album single. The band will be heading off to St. Tropez to finish recording the second (double) album which features a collaboration with Krautrock legend
Hans Joachim Roedelius (Cluster/Eno)

What the critics say:

"With nods to Kraftwerk, Stereolab & Bowie, Tiny Magnetic Pets display an admirable aptitude for their chosen field."
Connected Magazine - Live review of Coors Light Peak Festival

“…
among the most impressive releases of the year so far, Irish or otherwise…”
Sunday Business Post (4 stars) - Jonathan O'Brien

A definite contender for the Irish album of 2009".
Hotpress - Mark Kavanagh

The band will be announcing more live shows in early 2010 - stay tuned for updates...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back