100 guitarists - more needed (1 Viewer)

I have my tenor 3 part but you have to apply to get assigned your part e.g. it could be alto or tenor 2.

They sent me mine since...I'm in Alto 4. I've restrung me guitar and am wading through a few theory books...long, long way to go yet though.

i played at one of these things for him before - very fun

this piece sounds like it might be more complicated because there was no request that we knew standard notation, and he actually transcribed it for us in his own bastard notation.

even so, i'd say if you're interested in doing it and are reasonably competent don't worry too much about the notation thing, at least not about being able to play while sight-reading (who the fuck can do that on guitar anyway?). the parts probably won't be as complicated as you think, and if you have the music in advance of the first rehearsal and spend the time figuring it out in advance it probably won't be an issue (as someone said above re the bass parts)

the bigger issue among the group i was with was the dynamics of the whole piece. when you have 100 amps or whatever on everyone tends keep nudging their volume up or playing louder than they should so they can hear themselves, with the result that when there was a quiet part a few would ruin it by not playing gently and when there was supposed to be a crecesendo there was nowhere left for most people to go

anyway i don't want to sabotage glenn by having a load of fuckwits turn up but i'm sure most of you who can play but not read notation without starting at it hard for a few minutes and doing the EGBDF thing in your head will be fine. and if not he will shout at you and tell you to fuck off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back