100 Greatest Guitarists (1 Viewer)

I'm glad to see Duane Allman so near the top of that list. He was underrated for so long. I'm surprised like fuck to see him in the list at all actually. Thats wierd. But what about Joni Mitchell. She was fantastic and she was a wierd tunings legend. Hang on....I'll look again.

79 - Cliff Gallup of the Blue Caps (1997)

Did he work in Butlins

This is gas: 17 Jack White of the White Stripes, two places from Santana.... and he can't even hold his fucking guitar!!

Come on leave Sir Jack alone, I mean Kurtt is dead fegawdsake, doesnt mean you can discount him.

Santana are old and Angus should not be at fuckin 96.

And wheres James D Bradfield (dont answer, it wont be funny)

"49 John McLaughlin"

Kurt Cobain beat Mclaughlin!!!????Cripes sake!!

Wheres Bernard Butler???

DriveLike Jehu dudes kick kurts/soundgardens...most of em out the door.

None of Thin Lizzy there either.

That magazinesucks anyway - its all advertisemnts is`nt it?
Money grabbers - J White paid to get onto that list did`nt you hear?

first person without a willy at number 72, no fugazi, sleater-kinney, slint, gang of four or slits, but then it's a fucking list, it's bound to be shite. like, duh. it's for sad boys who know more than they should about string widths and stuff.

oh, yeah, allman brothers band. like, rocking, speedy.

tom. said:
first person without a willy at number 72, no fugazi, sleater-kinney, slint, gang of four or slits, but then it's a fucking list, it's bound to be shite. like, duh. it's for sad boys who know more than they should about string widths and stuff.

And where the hell is the Honky Tonk Man?

Ian beat me to Prince and J. Macias, so...

Where the fuck is Alex Lifeson from Rush? Where the fuck is Ani DiFranco? Where the fuck is FAREED HAQUE?????????

Joni should sue.

Geez, I fuckin' worship Kurt, but I have NEVER entertained him as a genius on the guitar.

!baggyyyy

me neither... i think people are mixing up their favourite bands with great guitarists... the only way that list makes any sense is if it's actually "the 100 guitarists who have made the staff of rolling stone raise their eyebrows in the last year" i mean, it's totally rediculous. ian williams isn't even there...

tom. said:

Here you. Duane Allman was a fuckin legendary guitarist. How much do you know about his playing? I'm not talking about his stuff with the Allman brothers band only. The problem with any top guitarist list is, though technically a guitarist may be excellent, his song writing skills could be very questionable. Or else he could write great guitar parts but be shit at improvising. Duane Allman was excellent at improvising. These lists are silly. You may as well put together a best band ever list.

And John McLaughlin belongs in the top 10 or something.

Anthony said:
Hey Ian did I ever tell you how much i love you for burning me that Teenage Fanclub best of thing.

I'm uncomfortable with public displays of affection...

but... yer welcome...

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my own personal vertion (nerd that I am)

I'll do you a copy when its done...

iTunes rules!

Ian said:
I'm uncomfortable with public displays of affection...

but... yer welcome...

I'm just putting the finishing touches to my own personal vertion (nerd that I am)

I'll do you a copy when its done...

iTunes rules!

I was just listening to Thirteen last night, it's a patchy one but some gemz

personal faves (at time of going to press)
songs from northern britian
grand pricks

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back