100 albums you should remove from your collection immediately (1 Viewer)

quackster

probably something in this to annoy almost everyone, but it's pretty good stuff

http://www.jaguaro.org/feature/03-09-02_wesk.shtml

e.g. Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique
People sometimes ask me, "President Bush, why are you always railing against the Beastie Boys?" Well, let me tell you -- they fucking suck. To the numerous victims of an unwarranted and pre-mature Beastie Boys nostalgia, I must point out that their delivery (itself lifted from aging raps) has not changed an iota since the release of this much-ballyhooed 1989 release. Subtract out the know-it-all frat boy "humor" and borrowed kitsch and you got zilch. Many tap Paul's Boutique as their masterpiece, which is simply false -- only the Dust Brothers' production lifts the album out of the trash heap. Until Paul's Boutique is properly relabeled and filed under "Dust Brothers" at record stores, removing this album from your collection is an ethical imperative. If you do not, the terrorists have already won.

Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps

Der gelegentliche Hörer würde solchen Mißklang nie verstehen - und hat damit einen wichtigen Punkt, weil die Kotze auf dieser Platte eigentlich fucking unlistenable ist.

hee hee!

oh german.

Lists are bad, bad things, the 1st 25 or so on that list probably should be there, but as with all those lists, the more records you try to add the more you're just sorta clawing at anything that's considered mildly cool or just irks you. There's an awful lot of shit records in the list, but i just get the feeling the folks who put the list together are exactly the type of people they're complaining about.

all music stink. look into your heart. you know it to be true, what can you possibly learn form the germans?

Only Musical dorks, armchair fans if you will, with no knowledge of how to put together a descent song or play an instrument, would write such a 'Trendy' list. Trying so hard to be cool, by putting down some great albums by Artists they just don't like. They are some fair points, ie: Nevermind is THE most overplayed Rock album of the 90's, therefore has been removed of all it's joy.
But come on. Talk about the good stuff when you find it. And spread the Good musical taste around everywhere, so nobody buys a shit album by mistake ever again. It's better to do that rather than moan on about your pet hates.
Some of the Albums in there are amazing records. Physical Graffiti=Genius..|..|

Originally posted by Hector Grey
all music stink. look into your heart. you know it to be true, what can you possibly learn form the germans?

Ooooooooh.....look, Mr.Spellcorrect has just had a Disaster! See....there's : stink instead of stinks
form instead of from

You are such an illiterate boffoon! What ho.

Originally posted by Speed Racer

Ooooooooh.....look, Mr.Spellcorrect has just had a Disaster! See....there's : stink instead of stinks
form instead of from

You are such an illiterate boffoon! What ho.

quite. whereas my spelling and typing will improve with practice, you shall continue to be retarded.

Originally posted by Hector Grey

quite. whereas my spelling and typing will improve with practice, you shall continue to be retarded.

What kind of logic is that?

PS: You're a Dick

PPS: You're a Dick

PPPS: You're a Dick

Someday soon we'll all see who the retard is. Nuff said. Now go away child. Please.

i don't expect you to understand it. you see, you're retarded. and also adopted i hear. your real parents left you in a bin when you were twenty one. and who can blame them.

re
tard
yo
u
a
re

Me taking piss....you simple plop....As you would so often say "buh" Hector Grey "Buh", "BUH, BUH".

Go away, you're a WART on this threed. Thanks

Originally posted by herv
Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps

Der gelegentliche Hörer würde solchen Mißklang nie verstehen - und hat damit einen wichtigen Punkt, weil die Kotze auf dieser Platte eigentlich fucking unlistenable ist.

hee hee!

oh german.

The sporadic listener would never understand such dissonance, therewith he has an important point because the puke on this record is actually fucking unlistenable

Ahem.... unless I forgot all of my German, what the heck does this mean, Herv ?!?!??

P.S. !bing Speedy/Hector, why don't the two of you start an apposite thread to abuse each other so that we don't have to read your insults?........Eh? .........Eh??? Please!;)

Originally posted by Pantone247

why do you want to fight everyone Speedy?

why do you have so much built up aggression?

have you conidered group therapy?

Hey! I'm not angry, it was just a bit of self defence. They started it. If you read the thread fully I'm sure you'll discover that. And as myself does not really know any of these people personally (alot of people here seem to be mates and hang around), I seem to be outside of the 'ganging up on someone with a different opinion click', which happens sometimes here. You see.:confused:

Originally posted by Alex

The sporadic listener would never understand such dissonance, therewith he has an important point because the puke on this record is actually fucking unlistenable

Ahem.... unless I forgot all of my German, what the heck does this mean, Herv ?!?!??

The occasional listener would never understand such dissonance -

ok...

...has an important point because the puke on this record is
actually fucking unlistenable.

its badly phrased i think, but i reckon what the person was trying to say was that its lack of immediacy, coupled with its so called coolness is another reason to fuck it out.

maybe he was trying to mimic the record's inaccessability by phrasing it like that and in german too, but if he did, hes a bigger fucking idiot for doing so than the people hes giving out about.

or maybe our german has gone to shit alex. ;)

Originally posted by herv
or maybe our german has gone to shit alex. ;)

You bet your ass it did.... however that list stinks, there's a lot of stuff I like in there, and I bet it was included just to show how alternative they are (kind of "I don't need that shit everybody listens too"....)

Nevermind is still .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back