¡Popicália! #1 - Tieranniesaur, Hired Hands and Lie Ins (02/09/10) (2 Viewers)

Well thats all well and good but I got kidnapped by a taxi driver who kept laughing and wanted to bring me to the mountains. I had to jump from the moving car! I blame you Popicalia...

But it was a lot of fun, everyone was wonderful.

I have to say that was a sterling line-up, Tieranniesaur's funk and afrobeat inflected pop reminded me of Tom Tom Club with a dash of Le Tigre. They have a really energetic live sound, perfect for dancing to. Sketch! stood out for me but that might only be because I've heard it before, very strong set and that "tribute" to Jurassic Park was magnifique.
Hired Hands are the only band you'll ever need. To my ears they've taken all that's good and interesting from "indie" the last decade or so and stirred it all up together. I'd LOVE to see Hired Hands and Tieranniesaur do a live collaboration sometime, although they'd need a fairly big stage. Lie Ins were, as always, charming, fun and bittersweet in roughly equal parts. That stripped down sound, recalling the era on the cusp of rock really highlights Mike's song writing abilities.

Spot on especially the Tom Tom Club reference. Highly enjoyable, sweet and low in sugar like a fruit based desert.

I can't tell whether you're joking about this or not but if not ..... Jesus Christ you need to report that guy. Did you get his taxi number?

Report the fucking shit out of him. If you don't I will. well by I will I mean I'll just get in a txi and scream rape all the way to the mountains. then pay the fare and relax play some tunes have a smoke maybe a beer then hitchhike home and sleep the sleep of the righteous. peace out brothers and sisters.

I was there near the back as I got there late and got stuck into the €14 jugs of beer. Good value bad for holding.

Really not joking, unfortunately. I got into the taxi and asked him to bring me to Rathgar and he was laughing which at first I thought of as a sign of merriment and niceness so cringingly enough I think I started laughing too. Then he drove out towards Donnybrook, which was the oddest way to go to rathgar from Georges Street so I started pipping in with 'um, Rathgar?' and then he went all horrible on me and kept going on about the mountains. I was convinced it was a (sick) joke because of the Larry Murphy release thing but then I thought even if this is a joke the mans a fucking psycho, so when I got to Donnybrook he slowed down for the lights and I jumped out. Ran all the way back to Rathgar because I was too terrified to get into another taxi. At which point I got in and was very sick and pretty much creeped out since. I didn't get his taxi number which makes me feel ridiculous in retrospect, but my friend pointed out that since I remember where I got out and pretty much when I got out there might be some cctv footage? Anyway, I went down to the copshop today.

Also why didn't you introduce yourself? I didn't see a bit of you. Then again I wouldn't have known what I was looking for so fair enough.

I don't like humans. Your story proves me right.

That's totally fucked up. We really must clamp down on this type of thing he will give the ignorant, ill-informed, racist, sexist, regular john taxi drivers a bad name. The cunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back