Threads relating to MCD Productions Events (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
I THINK A REMINDER IS NEEDED

As many of you will already be aware, on Sunday August 13th 2006 The Sunday Times reported that MCD Productions had formally entered into legal proceedings against Boards.ie Ltd. as a direct result of certain postings made on that site in relation to a recent event promoted by MCD Productions.

After much consideration I have come to the conclusion that, although not directly affected by these proceedings, it is in the best interests of this site for users to avoid discussion of any events promoted by MCD Productions. Furthermore, I see no reason why this website should provide a free advertising platform for those who would use the threat of financially crippling legal action to stifle discussion of their events.

Effective immediately, posts and threads relating to all such events will either be closed or deleted, as appropriate.

I have also taken the decision to deny access to the site from IP addresses or network blocks identified as being associated with MCD Productions. I realise this will affect a number of registered users, and for this I apologise. However, under the circumstances I feel I have no other choice.

All traffic originating from these network addresses will now automatically redirect to www.digitalrights.ie, where an article can be found entitled “Defamation Reform: the Impact on Internet Publications” which may be of interest.

has to be done

thanks

Do you want people to use that "flag post" thing to report stuff like this, or would just annoy you/make no difference?

report.gif
That's the thing I mean.

Radiowaves.FM said:
The Phantom consortium consists of a number of individuals and groups who have extensive experience in both the Irish radio and music industries. It includes: Wireless Media Ltd (Phantom FM founders), Gaiety Investments (Denis Desmond of MCD), Principal Management (Paul Mc Guinness and Trevor Bowen), Graham Molloy '(Evolution PR & Marketing), Brian Molloy (Westland Studios and Lunar Records), Frank Gleeson (proprietor of Whelans and The Village venues) and Paul Kavanagh (Radio Consultant).

They may share an investor with MCD, but Phantom is a separate entity with its own management. If they (or anyone else for that matter) ever meet the criteria set out in the first post of this thread then similar action will be taken.

do 2 censorships make a free speech?

this not being able to talk about gigs mcd is doing is beginning to make me feel like a bold child... what's it achieving at this point? i open the floor with that one... timo, what do you think man?

Re: do 2 censorships make a free speech?

I think the point of not giving free advertising to a company who'd rather get litigious with whistle blowers than give a basic level of service to its customers is still a valid one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back