Poor arseholes thread (1 Viewer)

Since everything is expensive anyway, I've found that just buying fancy takeaway when out and about is better than buying slightly less expensive shit food. At least I have that option around here.
I don't really have the option to eat well at home because I don't know what I'm doing one day to the next, and fresh food ends up in the bin. And a packed lunch is undoable. Maybe if I had wife and kids I could take leftovers or a Big Salad, but it just doesn't work for me.

It wouldn't be unusual in job A to spend 30% of my wages on food. Gross wages. Job A is a shit job.
This sorta ties into "free stuff" at work.

Since everything is expensive anyway, I've found that just buying fancy takeaway when out and about is better than buying slightly less expensive shit food. At least I have that option around here.
I don't really have the option to eat well at home because I don't know what I'm doing one day to the next, and fresh food ends up in the bin. And a packed lunch is undoable. Maybe if I had wife and kids I could take leftovers or a Big Salad, but it just doesn't work for me.

It wouldn't be unusual in job A to spend 30% of my wages on food. Gross wages. Job A is a shit job.
This sorta ties into "free stuff" at work.

I am similar, but I lean heavy on batch cooking and the freezer

there's no such thing as a free pint

unless they are dream pints

I had a weird thought there when it came to dream pints..

some nights I dream I'm eating pizza hut pizza (not sure if PH exists any more), but it's associated with a real feeling of nausea, and I wake up with a foul taste in my mouth.

It's probably a case I have a weird taste in my mouth because I've fallen asleep with my gob open or something - rather than some psychosomatic carryon.

One of the absolute best things that have happened is how science has made NA beer taste the same as regular
I can stay abstinent and still have a few bottles or pints if I ever the mood might take me
Once a month at best

[magnus pike gif]

One of the absolute best things that have happened is how science has made NA beer taste the same as regular
I can stay abstinent and still have a few bottles or pints if I ever the mood might take me
Once a month at best

[magnus pike gif]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

All that stuff sucked
Kaliber, Clausthaler, all of it

Something happened in the last 5 years that's a game changer
Dunno what it is
But Heineken 0 is decent
Guinness 0 is decent

Great time to be alive

All that stuff sucked
Kaliber, Clausthaler, all of it

Something happened in the last 5 years that's a game changer
Dunno what it is
But Heineken 0 is decent
Guinness 0 is decent

Great time to be alive

Before they basically just boiled the alcohol off, which killed all flavour as well.

Lately some hipsters experimented with different methods, which are more expensive. And so Diageo and Heino have latched onto it.

It's a quick Google search, and quite interesting.

There are a lot of 0% converts in my local. It causes confusion at happy hour. But they all seem happier and healthier for it.
Also interesting, to me anyway, is at work they can advertise beer X, so long as it's 0%, before the watershed for advertising alcohol, and even advertise it in very abstinent Muslim markets. But to me, they're still advertising a brand which is mostly an alcohol brand. It's an interesting conundrum, I have no fixed opinion.

Edit: "converts", not "coverts".

Also interesting, to me anyway, is at work they can advertise beer X, so long as it's 0%, before the watershed for advertising alcohol, and even advertise it in very abstinent Muslim markets. But to me, they're still advertising a brand which is mostly an alcohol brand. It's an interesting conundrum, I have no fixed opinion.
Similar sneakiness in the US where you cannot advertise liquor (spirits) on TV but Smirnoff et al just made spritzers and whatnot, which were techinically not liquor, but got the brand and logo in front of our dumb faces

Also interesting, to me anyway, is at work they can advertise beer X, so long as it's 0%, before the watershed for advertising alcohol, and even advertise it in very abstinent Muslim markets.
Isn't that exactly why Guinness etc suddenly have zero beeros? I don't mind. The Guinness zero is good - they actually have it on proper draught in my local

Isn't that exactly why Guinness etc suddenly have zero beeros? I don't mind. The Guinness zero is good - they actually have it on proper draught in my local

Kind of, but DMP said 0% beers used to be rubbish, but are now acceptable. Which is apparently true, we agree.

I have unformed thoughts about shoving a brand in kids faces from young age.
Would I have ever tried a Budweiser had I not seen those cool American horses on TV in the 80's?
And also, they're advertising it in places where, if you actually drink or sell alcohol, you might end up in a gulag.

I find it irksome that a sparkling water (330ml) in a pub is typically €3.70 - €4.00.

Then I try to conceive how much I've wasted in pubs these past 25 years and it shakes me to my core.

Nah fuck that - whatever your social/hobby pastime is, if you are working you need to put something into that, otherwise you are gonna starve your personality day by day

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back