US politics (7 Viewers)

His statments about Japan are interesting I think there relationship with the US is still one of post war defeat and dominance. There is probarbly not an American politician alive willing to say that US military should withdraw from Japan and that Japan should be allowed to militarise themselves.

There is probarbly not an American politician alive willing to say that US military should withdraw from Japan and that Japan should be allowed to militarise themselves.
It's still not a popular position in Japan itself is it?
Pacifist constitution and all that?

Mr Trump said he would also aim to hold talks with Russia to seek common ground, possibly over Islamist extremism.

"Some say the Russians can't be reasonable," he said. "I intend to find out."

Russia is not reasonable. It wants to win a war it lost 20 years ago.
USA is no worse in fairness, if anything it's considerably worse.

imho out of all the candidates he's probably got the least expansionist, empire-driven foreign policy. Mind you, the fact that he's a total sideshow clown means it's hard to take any of it seriously.

Last edited:
It's still not a popular position in Japan itself is it?
Pacifist constitution and all that?

They're moving away from pacifism now that China is on the up and up, I think they'll end up dumping that article from their Constitution relatively soon.

Trump hates the Iran deal and has vowed to keep supporting Israel so maybe he's not so good on foreign policy. You let me down Donald.

He's not gonna rock the foreign policy boat now is he?
I have no idea what Bernie will do.
He is all about engagement and diplomacy though. Trump wants to "bomb the shit out of ISIS", which sounds more imperialist to my ears, I guess.
I mean they're only candidates, but you'd have to think Bernie's the least favoured of people with Raytheon stock.

he's your favourite, Lili. You picked him as least expansionist. You'll be expected to carry water for him in this thread til November.
Keepsies, no returns.
Well... Bernie has been a Washington insider for year and years and years who has voted for expansionist wars and foreign interventions many times and, yeah, he voted against the war in Iraq once, but he also voted in favour of it twice.

As it is, he appears to have lost the race anyway, and we're left with Hillary, the one with the worst foreign policy record out of all of them

So yeah, as the only one of them without a proven history of pro-war action (as opposed to bluster) and even though he's a racist, delusional, bigoted moron, in a lot of ways I still rate Trump as the best candidate for the world outside of the USA.

If I had a vote I'd be "throwing it away" on a 3rd party candidate FYI

Well... Bernie has been a Washington insider for year and years and years who has voted for expansionist wars and foreign interventions many times and, yeah, he voted against the war in Iraq once, but he also voted in favour of it twice.

As it is, he appears to have lost the race anyway, and we're left with Hillary, the one with the worst foreign policy record out of all of them

So yeah, as the only one of them without a proven history of pro-war action (as opposed to bluster) and even though he's a racist, delusional, bigoted moron, in a lot of ways I still rate Trump as the best candidate for the world outside of the USA.

Interesting and bold choice.

it's all just bluster innit?

Hilary will win.

He can say what he wants, that he's going to go after Iran's terrorists and be Israel's best ally and bomb the shit out of ISIS or all that other "America First" stuff he spouts. None of it matters, because Hillary's going to win, in all likelihood.

Unless ISIS starts bombing malls in Michigan and playgrounds in Pennsylvania during the election cycle. That's a bad time to be running against a demagogue.

13103547_483534711851485_6923105309586488896_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back