Mongrel and Foggy Notions RIP (1 Viewer)

I think Mongrel got better and better. It started out bad, but in the last year or two it's had some hilarious shit in it and the design seemed to settle down and have some identity / style.

seriously doubt that anyone "failed" here - far more likely they just got bored/lost enthusiasm/became disillusioned with the message or aesthetic they were trying to convey/began to hate themselves/etc

seriously doubt that anyone "failed" here - far more likely they just got bored/lost enthusiasm/became disillusioned with the message or aesthetic they were trying to convey/began to hate themselves/etc

I'd say that's more likely with Mongrel than Foggy Notions.

I'm not an expert on the matter though.

bringing out mags is good fun, however the grind of trying to get advertising to pay for the journos/designers/printing, etc is a TOTAL pain in the hole and would wear anyone down in the end.

maybe fail was a strong word. closure/lack of interest etc is what I really meant.

Sad to see both of them go, but Foggy Notions' erratic release schedule never did it any favours. It wasn't much fun to read, either.

Sad to see both of them go, but Foggy Notions' erratic release schedule never did it any favours. It wasn't much fun to read, either.

I loved it. I thought they had some quality journalists and I really loved their reviews section.

I'll particularly miss the free CDs that came with them. They were always top notch.

i liked mongrel. it wasnt as witty as the slate but still for a free mag it was enjoyable... no metro tho.. not enough cute animals.

i only read a couple of issues of mongrel when it first came out and then stopped as I didn't think much of it and was missing the Slate too much anyway.

Nah, I thought Mongrel was good, made me laugh and was a decent publication for free. I can see why people didnt like it though. I never warmed to Foggy Notions though. Alot of the articles were purportedly and astoundingly overwritten leaving nascent readers countrywide bemoaning the lack of tangible detail within. Still, I am glad that they were tyring it and I hope the website is a smashing success. Those Foggy Notions CDs were brilliant as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back