world cup qualifiers (2 Viewers)

It's tough.. I guess Italy will most likely run away with it and we'll be slugging it out with Bugaria for second, even though second doesn't even guarantee a play-off place this time around. Could've done without fucking Cyprus again though... Montenegro is the potential bogey team from pool F also, probably the worst pick we could have got from that selection. At least Bulgaria aren't the toughest pool B team we could've got.

edit- England got Croatia again - haha!

We're in with a shout of second, Bulgaria are good in attack with Berbs and the Petrovs but don't seem to have much at the back.

Here's the full draw, I think the North and Scotland might fancy their chances of getting a play off place. Group 2 looks so so soft.

Group 1 Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, Hungary, Albania, Malta
Group 2 Greece, Israel, Switzerland, Moldova, Latvia, Luxembourg
Group 3 Czech Republic, Poland, NORTHERN IRELAND, Slovakia, Slovenia, San Marino
Group 4 Germany, Russia, Finland, WALES, Azerbaijan, Liechtenstein
Group 5 Spain, Turkey, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Armenia, Estonia
Group 6 Croatia, ENGLAND, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Andorra
Group 7 France, Romania, Serbia, Lithuania, Austria, Faroe Islands
Group 8 Italy, Bulgaria, Republic of Ireland, Cyprus, Georgia, Montenegro
Group 9 Holland, SCOTLAND, Norway, FYR Macedonia, Iceland

its certainly not the worst draw we could have gotten, definetly a chance of second place

No complaints at all from Camp Hokey. It's absolutely doable. Better than all of them except maybe the Scots and definitely the Swiss, the pricks.
But those Greeks are on the pigs back what.

Not bad.

If you want to go to a world cup, those are the kinds of teams you have to beat. Simple as.
indeed they are, and we've proved beyond all doubt that we can't beat them. so, lets stop this hopegettingup now, shall we?

Not a bad draw, will stay positive, at least till i hear who the new manager is....if its Venables i'm going down the FAI with a can a petrol and a Dundalk fan

plus a trip to Sofia or Rome might not be too bad

Having looked at Bulgaria's results in the last qualifying group, they only lost once in a group with Holland and Romania and were only a point off 2nd place.. might be tougher than people are expecting.

we don't want to end up a laughing stock, so we'd better qualify. in fact, we can win this world cup with the players we have.

There will be a desire to avoid having the Dublin game early in the campaign and Delaney more or less confirmed that tickets.....will be tied into packages that include less attractive fixtures. "The block booking system has worked well for us in the past," said the association's chief executive when asked how the organisation might hope to fill Croke Park for the visits of less admired sides, "and the supporters have been pretty loyal to us."

Fuck you John Delaney.

I think we're in for a tough time.

We will do well to get anything out of either game against Italy. Bulgaria aren't brilliant, but they're more than a match for us. Cyprus have already shown they're no push-overs and both Georgia and Montenegro can play a bit on their day.

A reasonable group. It's all about the second seed and Bulgaria are vulnerable. Of course it all depends on us getting our act together, but all told I think it's a better group than the one we were just in. Montenegro is the unknown - they may turn out to be more of a 4th/5th seed standard than 6th. However, if we have any pretensions of adequacy we should still get the 6 points.

If Venables is the manager I won't be here to see it all unfold, of course, as I will carried out some sort of murder-suicide pact.

North Korea are in the same group and South Korea. Maybe I should have posted this in the politics board?

as of now, we are shit, and have no chance of getting out of this group. lets start from there, so we can be greatly cheered up if we can hold Cyprus to 0-0 in Nicosia, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back