Superbad (6 Viewers)

Hey, if a film closes with an ending that leaves it open for a sequel (see: Back To The Future), does that make it unresolved and therefore great? I'm confused. If i skip the last five minutes of superbad, is it art?

Hey mitchum, quick question.
I watched Plains Trains and Automobiles last night
Where would that fit on you is it art yes/no scale?

Curious you should *randomly* mention a John Hughes film on what's a...celebration of Apatow's work. Hughes is the supra-Apatow. Chilling b/w morality, stereotype cyphers for protagonists, crypto-Republican dogma. It's enough to make you laugh, perhaps!

Preston Sturges it ain't.

Curious you should *randomly* mention a John Hughes film on what's a...celebration of Apatow's work. Hughes is the supra-Apatow. Chilling b/w morality, stereotype cyphers for protagonists, crypto-Republican dogma.

speaking of black and white morality, is 'republican' long-hand for 'bad'?

Curious you should *randomly* mention a John Hughes film on what's a...celebration of Apatow's work. Hughes is the supra-Apatow. Chilling b/w morality, stereotype cyphers for protagonists, crypto-Republican dogma. It's enough to make you laugh, perhaps!

have none of you copped on Mitchum is a joke account by this stage?
he's very like very slowey really, except very slowey sometimes made a good point

Pretty random all right - like I said it was in TV the night before.

If you don't find Plains Trains and Automobiles funny then there is something wrong with your.

So every single on of Preston Sturges 50 odd films are art becuse he is Preston Sturges and no of Hughes are because he is Hughes and doesnt liveuptoyour idea of an auteur?

Your problem is not that films aren't art enough for you it's that aren't arty enough . Different thing altogether.

Where would you stand on Dickens BTW?

Classic Mitchum.

That's not my quote you silly goose.

Mormon Mailer: "Your problem is not that films aren't art enough for you it's that aren't arty enough . Different thing altogether."

This is patent nonsense. I'm saying that the films of Apatow etc are *NOT* Art but they are as formulaic as a processed burger from McDonalds & I don't find them funny, I find them offensive...

(I've not seen Superbad but I have seen 40YOV & KU)

I dunno: his account links to a MySpace page, which has a link in its 'friends list' to another MySpace page, which has links to pretentious music reviews, which all seem to indicate the presence of a real, live human being.

Correct.

"Mitchum, the ideas that you're articulating are absolutely relevant, worthy and, well, philosophically timeless. They are, quite clearly, the kind of socratic postulates that anyone with a shred of desire to understand themselves and the world around them will ask themselves at some point in their lives - hopefully, regularly throughout their lives. Be that as it may, in all seriousness, here's a genuine question; do you not see why people find you hilarious when you make posts like this? Sometimes people just want to laugh at fart jokes, and not every post has to read like an extract from Letters To A Young Poet. "
Italkgic

Pretentious, moi?

Pretentious, moi?

Hey, I'm ok with that post being regarded as pretentious; after all, it was attempting to answer your previous posts on the kind of level that you appeared to wanted to talk about things on.

It also asked a straight-up non-pisstake question, which you've avoided answering; presumably because it's easier to sneer "pretentious!" at someone than to be honest with them. Any answer to give now?

Hey, I'm ok with that post being regarded as pretentious; after all, it was attempting to answer your previous posts on the kind of level that you appeared to wanted to talk about things on.

It also asked a straight-up non-pisstake question, which you've avoided answering; presumably because it's easier to sneer "pretentious!" at someone than to be honest with them. Any answer to give now?

I think you've answered your own question-you're the one who's very sneery towards what you view as 'pretentious' but then quite capable of addressing the point AND agreeing with it when it suits you. I put it to you sir, that you are the one who is actually 'pretentious' by hiding behind your 'I'm-so-down-to earth-me' veneer.

I'm not sure which question I'm avoiding answering btw?

I thought it was Apatow et al who was on trial here.

At the very least Shane-O has learned a new word.

I think you've answered your own question-you're the one who's very sneery towards what you view as 'pretentious' but then quite capable of addressing the point AND agreeing with it when it suits you. I put it to you sir, that you are the one who is actually 'pretentious' by hiding behind your 'I'm-so-down-to earth-me' veneer.

Are you accusing me of being as intelligent as you?! Never! Sir, I must have satisfaction!

duel.jpg

I'm not sure which question I'm avoiding answering btw?

I thought it was Apatow et al who was on trial here.

The persecution complex adds a side-order of hilarity to your posts, I must say. How many times have you accused people of putting you "on trial", Josef?

Are you accusing me of being as intelligent as you?! Never! Sir, I must have satisfaction!

duel.jpg

The persecution complex adds a side-order of hilarity to your posts, I must say. How many times have you accused people of putting you "on trial", Josef?

Count the amount of abusive commets directed towards me in this thread. I'm not saying it's persecution (that's YOUR word) but it is symptomatic of the infantilism that these movies celebrate. Coincidence?

have a look through your last twenty posts for example...you don't have much to say unless it's a sneering, sarcastic insult.

Be careful your monocle doesn't fall into your martini with horror when you scan your own posts.

Dude, the reason you were getting infantile comments is because it's funny to see you go on about art and tergavision and all this shite, only to be replied to with "u r gay".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back