Charity Football Tournament (6 Viewers)

Since any of the last bunch of times we've booked, or tried to book the pitches.
Also, there's feck all room for a ref let alone subs on the dcu pitches.

Here's the email I got from one of the laydeez that organised Saturday's Tourney :

Its not too much trouble to organise.
Because I was doing it for the National Council of the Blind (NCBI), I got a reduced rate on the pitches, I think she gave me half price. I had to get a letter from NCBI explaining that I was fundraising for them and I sent it to the manager in UCD sports centre.
I booked the pitches about 6 weeks in advance, but originally I wanted the 5-a-side like last year, but they were booked so I got the bigger ones. I'd advise you to book as soon as you know when you want to do it, as you'll have a better chance of getting the pitches you want.

Tips:
Pick a good day, I picked last weekend, as it was the wk after the bank hol wkend so I thought people would have been away for the bank hol and would be more likely to be around.
Make sure you've lots of water/lucozade sport and maybe bananas (I only had a few), as they could eat them and still play. Suncream also if its hot.
Make sure you've got people who'll ref for you. I just got people from the teams that weren't playing. Also footballs, bibs, whistles, paper, pens and watches.
Refs will keep scores but keep the results and scores for each team on one sheet that people preferable can look at.
Have a First Aid Kit & ice handy
Have someone to help get things organised for you, and do stuff for you when you need it, like getting plasters/ice or water for people.
Keeping it all to time is probably the hardest thing, you'll have to chivvy people along and shout a bit to get people onto the pitches to kick off in time.
Also, most n.b., tell everyone its starting half hour before the real time, as everyone is generally late and it takes a while to get started.

Hope it goes well, if have any more questions, lemme know

cheers,
Áine

yeah man. I never see anyone doing shit like this for dogs. it'd be cool.
we could make a whole day of it and see if we could get sponsorship from some nice companies.
dogs do plenty of shit for us, after all.

sounds deadly lads. i can defo get a team together.
we used to do a game at a park, and anyone that turned up brought 2 t-shirts 1 white and 1 black. could put the word out for extra bibs too if needs be.

Ok, so UCD are quoting me 25 per pitch, per hour.
I figure on 4 hours being cool, so that'd be €200 for da facilities.
I've made a provisional booking from 12 to 4 on Saturday the 11th of August.

I'm waiting to hear back from Pembroke Wanderers (where the Bodytonic thing was last year).

The Bodytonic Tourney is on the 25th of August this year.

Also, I gave PAWS a shout to see if they're up for it.

The pembroke wanderers place would be a lot more sociable, you could have a disco and stuff up stairs for the non-football playing wimp-men.

You should charge all wimp-men double what the footballers are paying too.

Ladies should be free in though, obviously.

I'm happy enough to help out, but no way am I being the wanker in the black. I've seen what you Irish have been doing to refs in the GAA recently, fuck that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back