Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

Without opening the link i'd a agree with that. I watch DIY and History on youtube and am getting all sorts of 'feminist gets owned' suggestions all the time. It's mad. I'll read it shortly too like.

It obviously has given up on me, I haven’t seen any suggestions along those lines in a long time (maybe a year?). I was getting it a lot on Twitter before Musk locked me out.

Without opening the link i'd a agree with that. I watch DIY and History on youtube and am getting all sorts of 'feminist gets owned' suggestions all the time. It's mad. I'll read it shortly too like.
I just knew that people would post laughing emojis in response

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240418_050447_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20240418_050447_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 0
There's a paywalled article on the Irish times site today which includes this corker of a paragraph.

"What employers have found since is that quiet quitting is worse than the inconvenience of having an employee leave. Quiet quitters are hard to handle, both on the job and in performance reviews, because they continue to complete their assigned workload to the same (often high) standard, giving their managers an uneasy feeling but nothing specific to complain about."

There's a paywalled article on the Irish times site today which includes this corker of a paragraph.

"What employers have found since is that quiet quitting is worse than the inconvenience of having an employee leave. Quiet quitters are hard to handle, both on the job and in performance reviews, because they continue to complete their assigned workload to the same (often high) standard, giving their managers an uneasy feeling but nothing specific to complain about."

YES!

Because they saw it on TV, just like that time a whole generation of irish watched home and away and neighbours for 11 years and then 'spontaneously' went to australia

No.

Anyway define lifestyle reasons. And don't call me paddy.
People who have options in Ireland and no economic need to go anywhere.

More so what I was talking about was refugees living in tents here who have risked their lives to get to safety versus people with lots of options and some money who move to Dublin, Barcelona, Berlin, Sydney, Brooklyn, Austin, San Francisco or Portland or whatever city is hip nowadays.

I will always have massively more time for folks who fled dire situations who come here.

I fled to Dublin, then to London.
I may have had options in Ireland then, doesn't look like I do now.
So stuck here I am.

I don't see how labour moving around an open-border economic bloc relates to the efforts of immigrants going through hell to be safe somewhere. Two very different things imo. It's not like I own an empty house in Ireland somewhere.

And the paddy comment deserves a whole hearted fuck you.

I fled to Dublin, then to London.
I may have had options in Ireland then, doesn't look like I do now.
So stuck here I am.

I don't see how labour moving around an open-border economic bloc relates to the efforts of immigrants going through hell to be safe somewhere. Two very different things imo. It's not like I own an empty house in Ireland somewhere.

And the paddy comment deserves a whole hearted fuck you.

I wasn't even thinking of you and I don't think what I said applies to you. Sorry you're stuck in a tough situation.
Sorry if you don't like the term Paddy. I also often refer to myself as that and as a Bogger.

I haven't been outside Ireland for over 30 years. I live 2 miles from where I was living in 1989. It is OK.
I would only go to the USA as a refugee.

My neighbour died last year. I just learned that his niece can't afford to pay inheritance tax on his house and it is still empty.

I doubt my weekly income would pay for a small room in Dublin.

If somebody voluntarily wants to travel it is a privilege to do that. That is pretty much what I was saying.
I am glad lots of folks come to Ireland to live. They have really given us a lot.

edit: fixed typos

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back