What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (19 Viewers)

think of the revenue those musicians have lost now; they've no iconic signature guitars like rory gallagher had, which can be reproduced and sold at great cost to middle aged men.

Just cancel this person already

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is the interesting conversation I was alluding to. It's like when I saw Janelle Monae with only guitar, bass, and drums; with a horn section; and with a horn and string section, and every single time it sounded precisely the same. It speaks to what do people actually want from live performance? An actual live performance or the performance of a live performance? Smashing a guitar on tv in 2021 has several layers of irony, tradition, and gif-able moment all wrapped up together.

She's an "alt" songwriter who also aspires to the absolute blandest of corporate songwriting from 1999, presumably because that was a time when people still actually experienced music together, as opposed to algorithmically determined specifically for you and no one else.

I think what's annoyed me the most is that the monitor she was smashing the guitar off was a prop, purpose built to be smashed. It's that little extra layer of contrivance that means I'll dismiss her music forever.. Sorry , Phoebe....

In existential terms the guitar is a prop in the art of making music. You have to look through the lens of the guitar being some kind of default pre existent entity for that to be a coherent sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back