Britpop backlash (3 Viewers)

Britpop legends CAST have announced a Dublin date this autumn, playing THE BUTTON FACTORY on Saturday 10th October.

Labelled "The Who of the 90’s", Cast released four wildly popular albums in the 90s, as well as chart topping anthemic singles such as “Walk Away”, and “Alright”.
“Baby Blue Eyes” is the first track from their next - as yet untitled - Cast album.

The band originally formed in 1992 from the ashes of two of the most legendary and lauded guitar bands of the age, The La’s and Shack. The original line-up of John Power (guitar/ vocals), Liam ‘Skin’ Tyson (lead guitar), Pete Wilkinson (bass) and Keith O’Neill (drums) celebrate 20 years as a band this year.

Noel Gallagher once described watching Cast play live as “a religious experience.”

*Tickets on sale this Weds 11th March @ 9am*

Button Factory presents
CAST
Saturday 10th October 2015
The Button Factory - Curved St, Temple Bar - Dublin 2
Doors: 7:30pm
Tickets €17.50 including booking fee from Tickets for concerts, theatre, football, family days out. Official Ticketmaster Site and usual outlets

CAST : official site of Cast, the band

CAST - BIOG

Originally formed in 1992 from the ashes of two of the most legendary and lauded guitar bands of all time, The La’s and Shack, Cast released four albums, the second 'Mother Nature Calls' also went platinum (three of them top 10), and had ten top 10 singles, before disbanding in 2001. During that time, Noel Gallagher described watching Cast play live as “a religious experience”, and ‘All Change’ became the biggest selling debut album of all time for Polydor Records. After the band’s split, John Power released three solo albums, and has played intermittently since 2005 with the reformed La’s.

A decade later, and the original line-up of John Power (guitar/ vocals), Liam ‘Skin’ Tyson (lead guitar), Pete Wilkinson (bass) and Keith O’Neill (drums) have reunited with original producer John Leckie (Stone Roses, Radiohead, The Fall) for ‘Troubled Times’. The reinvigorated band have produced an album full of the anthemic, melodic and beautifully written songs for which they have always been loved by their fervent fanbase.

John Power says of the reformation:
"Getting back with the band and working with John Leckie again after all these years apart was just how I envisioned it when I started writing the songs for this album. Then it was all about putting into words what it was I was feeling, about all the things I was seeing all around me and troubled times is what we found."

Labelled ‘The Who of the 90’s’, Noel Gallagher once described watching Cast play live as “a religious experience.”

Here's a good article from the other day about Elastica and MIA

The Connection Is Made: Elastica Goes M.I.A. | Pitchfork

I'm not sure Wire saw it this way:

Next to the classic-rock reverence and Wembley-baiting ambitions of Oasis, Blur, and Frischmann’s former band Suede, Elastica came off more like crafty hip-hop producers, less concerned with honoring their post-punk forbears than digging up their favorite riffs and building more fun, dancefloor-friendly songs out of the bones.

we need milan panic back

I watched Noel on Rte's Sarurday Night Show...it's ok, I was drunk.
It struck me that he is a really good chat show guest, knows how to play to the audience, sets up anecdotes, feeds the host material....and Brendan o'Connor failed miserably to catch any of this, letting ideas and potential stories just die away

Useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back