What television series are you currently making your way through? (9 Viewers)

I love Treme. I would love to drink with almost every character in it, including Zahn's. He's a schmuck but his heart is in the right place. I find it hard to swallow that he would get such hot babes though. Must get onto season 3.

S4 will only have 5 episodes and then they're done. Hope they manage to get things wrapped up in that time.

I have been advised to watch Orange Is The New Black.

Never saw an episode of Weeds, but I do like prison stuff.

And Laura Prepon looks like she needs saving.

orange-new-black-banner.jpg

Top_of_the_Lake_title_card.jpg

Top Of The Lake.

Stars Elizabeth Moss of Mad Men Peggy fame, Holly Hunter and Peter Mullan. set in New Zealand. Crime Drama.

watched a couple of episodes so far. hadn't heard about it until reading about it in sunday paper over weekend. like it so far. as sunday times said, real hum of scandinavian dramas, especially the killing. decent so far. not mind blowing or anything. only 2 episodes in though so could go either way

Top_of_the_Lake_title_card.jpg

Top Of The Lake.

Stars Elizabeth Moss of Mad Men Peggy fame, Holly Hunter and Peter Mullan. set in New Zealand. Crime Drama.

watched a couple of episodes so far. hadn't heard about it until reading about it in sunday paper over weekend. like it so far. as sunday times said, real hum of scandinavian dramas, especially the killing. decent so far. not mind blowing or anything. only 2 episodes in though so could go either way

The whole show is about men and women and is best viewed in that context.
Gender roles, power imbalance etc etc

I loved it.

So they're going to be showing this Chris O'Dowd show over here - Moone Boy

What is the considered Thumped opinion on it?

My buddy says it's "saccharine" but I value the hive mind's opinion higher.

"Very Irish" is what I've been told. I've had it sitting unwatched on my Sky Plus box since it came out

So they're going to be showing this Chris O'Dowd show over here - Moone Boy

Moone Boy is good in a nostalgia 80's kid sort of way.

I watched the first episode of the new show that O'Dowd is in - Family Tree. Don't think I'll be able to go back and finish off what's aired so far.

Okay, fair go, it had those other things too.
But the gender conflict was front and centre, no?

Yeah pretty much.

They could have done a lot more with the womens retreat though. Everyone there was a bit thinly written. Especially considering how well developed Peter Mullans character was he's the antithesis of them to an extent. Then again Peter Mullan could play dead and make it seem like Tony Soprano.

On a related note to Moone Boy, via the IT Crowd connection, anyone see Graham Linihan's new thing on the beeb, Count Arthur Strong? Watched the pilot and thought it was appallingly bad.

I've never liked anything he's done. Never really got Father Ted, have never watched a full episode either though. The IT Crowd was kind of duff. Saw one episode where it was a secret club for University Challenge or Blockbuster winners and that was funny. Apart from that, piffle. Never saw Black Books.

His old columns in Hot Press were the balls though!

I've never liked anything he's done. Never really got Father Ted, have never watched a full episode either though. The IT Crowd was kind of duff. Saw one episode where it was a secret club for University Challenge or Blockbuster winners and that was funny. Apart from that, piffle. Never saw Black Books.

His old columns in Hot Press were the balls though!

I detect a minor problem here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back