Portal 2 (2 Viewers)

Made the mistake of beginning Portal (part 1) last night.

2 hours of my life disappeared in like 20 minutes...

Won't be doing that again

Finally will get to play this at the weekend thanks to my girlfriends new laptop. .|..|
Then I'll be hitting this thread to belatedly hang out with the kool kidz.

It's the Democratic Leadership Council - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democratic_Leadership_Council people who bought a box of Portal 2 get the whole set for free next Wednesday, although it's never at the top of the box so you end up either having to wait until you've eaten most of it or you have to go digging through it, it all spills on the floor that way though.

Ah no, it's downloadable content, a bunch of maps and that.

Includes that DLC shizzle

EDIT: Fuggit - Only an hour & a bit left to go on the deal. Snagged it.

I only got a little bit into the first Portal - Do I need to finish it before I play 2 or is it a completely different experience?

Mari0

http://stabyourself.net/mari0/

mari02.gif

Finished the single player last night. Metered this out over a number of occasions playing Portal 2 with Lady Pissypants (taking turns at the controls).

It's great.

I thought Wheatly would be annoying but he wasn't. I thought all I'd be able to hear was Stephen Merchant, and despite how Stephen Merchant he sounded he did an amazing job. I didn't feel sorry for him at the end - I think I was supposed to.

I loved Glados being in the potato. Probably my favourite line in the whole thing:
GLaDOS: Oh. Hi. So. How are you holding up? BECAUSE I'M A POTATO!
[claps slowly three times] Oh good. My slow clap processor made it into this thing. So we have that.

"Fatty Fatty no parents" had me on the floor...... As did the first of the three broken cores you attach to Wheatly at the end (Space! Space Space Space! I'm the best at space! Gotta get to space!) although that could have been the lateness of the hour, and the amount of alcohol consumed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Th_3IM1XJw

I had heard there was another song at the end before I got to play it, but I wasn't expecting it to come close to "Still Alive" so I actually quite enjoyed it.

Strangely enough the afternoon before we completed the game I said to the missus, "What would happen if you shot your portal gun out into the sky and it hit the surface of a distant sun and then you opened out the other end at your feet - the sun would probably pour through" - Couldn't believe it when the very last moment of gameplay was based almost exactly around that.

My only complaint? It simply wasn't hard enough. It was a joy to play, but there was only one level where I was at all mentally challenged. I also remember there being more levels in the first one that required timing / coordination, like shooting a portal while flying through the air at just the right moment at just the right panel etc...

I was also expecting (for some reason) to have to shoot portals onto moving surfaces, or even onto a panel that you could carry around and drop onto "unportalable" surfaces, lean at an angle against walls etc..

Anyhow. Of course the first one was better, but 2 was great, the only disappointment being the low level of difficulty. But I'm sure community maps will sort that out... Can anyone who thinks this was better than the first make their case?

Looaaads of maps here (if you're playing on pc), usually more difficult than in the game too

http://www.thinkingwithportals.com/

Couldn't help feeling a bit bad for Wheatley too, it was a classic learning everything far too late moment :) Yeah, I liked the split second portal flinging too, apparently these were skipped because of the consolation blight, but I'd say it was just a result of constant playtesting.
It's more well rounded than the first, new characters and elements are great aswell... number one seemed very original though.. I wouldn't really compare too much, they're a great continuity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back