Practice Space benefit gig / Lower Deck / 11th June (2 Viewers)

It's the bands who are playings' practice space and they want a benefit so the rent is cheaper for all the bands that use it and also to replace any gear that needs replacing.

Collective practice space in Phibsboro, there's about 30 people who pay the rent as members every six months and others who pay per practice... people are putting on a benefit because it's expensive to run and because why not huh? And just to quell the possibility of any weird arguments, if you disagree with people putting on a benefit for something that you might not benefit from but is most likely a worthy benefit then just don't go to the gig. And that's that.

If Thumped sponsored the practice space, then maybe all of those 30 members would become members on Thumped, as well as the hundreds of people that are going to go to the benefit gig

our first corporate sponsorship.

How much, and how many corporate boxes would i get?

Quatloos eh? Search leads me here- http://quatloosia.blogspot.com/
"If you claim dragons and fairies exist, or that the mossad is behind 9/11,
or that the income tax is a gigantic fraud by tens of thousands of people,
it's not for me to prove these things are false.."
"This mistake is known as 'proving a negative'.
It is by definition impossible to prove something does not exist."

I should have explained that to the guy who kicked me off the dole three years ago, he should have been trying to prove
that I wasn't looking for a job, when I had provided ample evidence to the contrary!
Huh. Makes ya think.

500 quatloos it is Pete, the collective has spoken.

We (Slugbait) totally forgot this was happening until today. Can't wait to get up to Dublin to play a gig. Thanks a lot for having us. Anyway shit on the myspace is pure dodgy, here's a more recent video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Isn't the benefit tag just a punk marketing ploy? Pulls at the heart strings. Beats having a regular normal gig where you can charge the same price.

I wouldn't say so, no. In a regular gig the money goes between bands, after costs(Venue ect) in these cases it's actually going to a specific use.

Isn't the benefit tag just a punk marketing ploy? Pulls at the heart strings. Beats having a regular normal gig where you can charge the same price.
benefit gigs are nearly always the same price , just the bands/sound technician/venue, or all three do it for free .. theres about 15 of dublins bands using the karate club as well as a screenprint group, Anarchist Black Cross, and other collectives..
why is doing a benefit for a resource space for our scene a questionable idea?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back