The thread wherein we all say somethng really contentious! (3 Viewers)

They are not!
You have to look behind the eyes, Washingcattle. They actually show a lot of nihilism, depression, anxiety and anti-religion in their second and third albums.

Saying something contentious just basically means slagging off something that is supposed to be mildly popular or an attempt to admit you Keane.

I don't really understand the thread, but eh...

1. Foo Fighters are awfully overrated. All their songs sound the fucking same.

no they're not and yes I suppose they do. First two albums are still great.

2. I really hate gifs.

now that is something contentious.

3. Keane are incredibly overlooked. People just think of "Somewhere Only We Know" and "Everybody's Changing" and think of some poncy posh boys, but it's not true at all. The Under the Iron Sea album is a masterpiece.

ahahahahahaha

People said the same about that Darren Hayes album so I gave it a listen. Still absolute shite.

4. There is no fight, no anger, no politics and no soul in any GOOD music released in the last few years.

oh lord. Manics fans, eh? What to do with them...

4. There is no fight, no anger, no politics and no soul in any GOOD music released in the last few years.

I'm not convinced by the wording of this at all.

It sorta implies that those are four qualities only to be found in bad music. Or you only consider chart teen pop to be good. either is fine, just i dont find the sentence definitive.

They are not!
You have to look behind the eyes, Washingcattle. They actually show a lot of nihilism, depression, anxiety and anti-religion in their second and third albums.

Keane have second and third albums?

I thought they only had one song and then disappeared cos the singer went a bit off the rails.

Ahh fuck off would ya.Theres loads!

And besides..who gives a fuck about politics?That shit has no place in music.

I'm not convinced by the wording of this at all.

It sorta implies that those are four qualities only to be found in bad music. Or you only consider chart teen pop to be good. either is fine, just i dont find the sentence definitive.

Yeah, I kinda messed up the wording there I suppose. Basically, my post is a continuation of:
Its great that theres a thriving underground music scene and all but its just a pity that most of the music is shit

I just mean there's a serious lack of intelligent music about, you know? Surely the last few years in Irish politics could have inspired U2, Bell X1, Coronas or Delorentos or any Irish band to write a song about it, transfer the anger of the people to a song? But no.

Ahh fuck off would ya.Theres loads!
I know there is. Problem is half of it is muck.

And besides..who gives a fuck about politics?That shit has no place in music.
Why not? Should we all sing about shy boys falling in love with the girl-next-door? And oh! By the end of the song they fall in love at a disco! Awwh, how nice :) What a lovely and happy place the world is :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back