BEACH HOUSE, Vicar St, Nov 22 - Tickets on sale Thursday May 20 (1 Viewer)

times tonight:
Steve Strohmeier (Beach House) 8.10 / Lower Dens 8.35 / Beach House 9.35
(all times APPROX)

This was all very gooey and gorgeous. Victoria's voice is brilliant, mixing really well with the slide guitars. Not to mention that they're really tight and I liked how they're drummer player, very tasteful. They have really got a lot of good and great songs.

This was all very gooey and gorgeous. Victoria's voice is brilliant, mixing really well with the slide guitars. Not to mention that they're really tight and I liked how they're drummer player, very tasteful. They have really got a lot of good and great songs.

You could tell them apart? I was so damn bored. It was nearly as bad as Panda Bear. Ooof.

as far as I can tell they have 2 songs. Heart of Chambers and everything else (I can't tell the rest of their songs apart). And they played them both last night. I loved it though. Great gig. I still wouldn't listen to a CD though.

I thought it was super. Wasn't familiar with their stuff before. Loved it. Beautiful visuals too .... Nice and simple but looked anazing

nope, she was a mess

couldn't see her face for the entire gig with that big mop covering it up.

That's it. Next time they're back I'm putting Toni & Guy on alert at emigration with specific instructions on giving her a council house face-lift.

as far as I can tell they have 2 songs. Heart of Chambers and everything else (I can't tell the rest of their songs apart). And they played them both last night. I loved it though. Great gig. I still wouldn't listen to a CD though.

See I would listen to a cd but live = dead boring. I suppose it's the setting because at primavera I was sitting looking out at the sea and it was a nice soundtrack for it. In a room filled with people, I just wanted to leave. So I did, mid set. I have a feeling I'd feel the same for explosions in the sky too, although I'll still get a ticket just to make sure.

I'd agree with Hives here pretty much. I LOVE the albums but I didn't care so much to pay the guts of €30 to go and hear them being played live in a room in town.

Apple Orchard on your headphones while walking in the woods on an autumn day, that's what you want....

Thought the gig was ok, i couldnt get into it no matter how i tried. Lights were a nice touch. Didnt get the blinders flashing on the crowd, behind the band would have make more of an impact.

Public speaking is obviously not one of their strong points.. "How you guys doing, you all ok" x 10. I d prefere if they said nothing at all instead of that crap. "We watched 'Men In Black' before we came out" Really? How interesting..

i was trying to see if she had a nice bum, but i failed. Can someone tell me if she had? I bet she's a nut case. She kicks of crazy lady.

When did they ad a touring member?

You could tell them apart? I was so damn bored. It was nearly as bad as Panda Bear. Ooof.

Yeah but you like all those whiny Spencer Krug bands and I can't tell any of them apart so I guess our tastes aren't the same! Beach House have the same sound for practically everything which is probably why it took me a lot longer to like them than normally with a band I like to so much. But that shouldn't matter, every song on Slanted and Enchanted or either/or has the same sound and production, its jsut that I think possibly people are more accustomed to listening to guitar bands do that, whereas when they are novelty instruments like the electric organ/old drum machine it can seem a little more contrived.

But one gets used to it. Many modern bands use their sound to establish their identities but often don't have as many good tunes to back up a fresh or interesting sonic approach. Seeing them live the first time was what made me like em a whole heap more. The vocal melodies are great, I think thats what sets most bands I'm into apart for me.

That definitely goes for Panda Bear also. Panda Bear's live show is a bit of a dud especially if you're expecting him to play any instruments or anything off his old record. I enjoyed that gig a lot but I know a lot of others didn't. I think thats something to do with expectations. If one of your mates played that set (even on a samplers) with all the cool visuals in the Joinery or some place like that, I can imagine many of the people I know who didn't enjoy that gig creaming their pants about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back