¡Popicália! #1 - Tieranniesaur, Hired Hands and Lie Ins (02/09/10) (4 Viewers)

4919326195_67692fe37c.jpg

Popical Island presents ¡Popicália!

You know, we here on Popical Island enjoyed the gargantuan little all-day gigathon we had in June a lot. We think other folks enjoyed it too and, as the enthusiastic hosts we are, we’d like to invite you over again and again.

Apropos of this, ¡Popicália! will take place in Shebeen Chic, George’s St, on the first Thursday of every month. Remember that: the first Thursday of every month. Along with regular appearances by our esteemed Islanders, we’ll be keeping proceedings fresh by introducing some of our favourite bands from around Ireland and (maybe) beyond.

Now, the best thing is that entry is only €5. But there are other good things: the bands (obviously), Popical Island DJs, nice lamps, and the kind of freewheeling, easygoing, disturbingly friendly vibe you can only get from a crowd of awkward nerds masquerading as funtime kingpins. And from us.

The first ¡Popicália! takes place on Thursday, 2nd September at 8PM and will feature:
Tieranniesaur
Lie Ins
Hired Hands

…with Popical Island DJs (TIL LATE!!!) spinning Paul McCartney’s Coming Up, Tom Petty’s American Girl, Camera Obscura’s French Navy and one other song.

The Tom Petty nearly turned me off too, but I'll be there on the whiskey.

Have you ever seen the documentary about Tom Petty and the heartbreakers. It's incredible how he manages to take what would be interesting tales of dope abuse and groupie shagging and distill out all the fun to leave you with the most boring pointless anicdotes which go nowhere, achieve nothing and leave you feeling that you're watching a film about an accountant with dysentery who even by accountant standards has nothing worth saying to anyone. A vile little has been altogether.

Dang. I'm not going to play a single one of those songs now. I'm still going play the Ramones' Be My Baby twice.

I can't cope with my hatred of Tom Petty. He reminds me of a pedophilic skeleton, but I should be a nicer person than to judge someone on their looks. Shall I judge him on his shit music instead?

That said, please don't refrain from playing Paul McCartney and Camera Obscura!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back