What Book Did You Read Last Night??? (8 Viewers)

Nice!

I'm readin'

timequake.jpg

I've got this list of writers that just write exactly as I like to read, it's that nice symmetry or something, it's a personal thing and I guess everyone probably has their own in some form or another. Welcome to my list Mr. Vonnegut. I can't believe its taken me this long to read anything by him.
How's The Quake treating you?

steady on now young fella,im forever reading.although in fairness of late its been mostly travel books and sports bio's with some gardening thrown in for good measure so its hardly stuff thats gonna set the world alight.point taken,im gonna get back into fiction for a while.
sorry, i didn't mean to come across smug there. what i meant was as far as contemporary fiction goes, some of safran foer's peers leave him at the starting gate. in my opinion, like

I've got this list of writers that just write exactly as I like to read, it's that nice symmetry or something, it's a personal thing and I guess everyone probably has their own in some form or another. Welcome to my list Mr. Vonnegut. I can't believe its taken me this long to read anything by him.
How's The Quake treating you?

This is my 3rd or 4th time reading it! So its treating me like an old friend. You described him perfectly!

Finished 'Cat's Cradle' (eleventy one!!!11 I can't stress how much I love this book) and have moved on to this;

guterson-the-other-vl-vertical.jpg

The OTHER, David Gutherson

I'm about 60 pages into it, haven't fully made up my mind on it yet but its beautifully written. I haven't quite had enough time to care about the characters enough yet though, which 60 pages in is usually a problem for me, but I shall refrain from making a judgement.

I started JM Coetzee's Waiting for the Barbarians yesterday.
Not quite into it yet. I only have 2 or 3 of his books to read before I've done the lot and a rewarding enterprise it was, if you like serious books about serious ideas, as they appear to men in particular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back