New Four Tet Album On Soundcloud! (3 Viewers)

Sounds alright on first listen - some tracks definitely more immediate than others. No great surprise that it's housier than his previous releases.

Thanks for posting this. Love Cry's cool. Looking forward to checking out the rest.

He had a residency at Plastic People in London for a year or so - i heard one of the mixes and the first half was very housey. The split single with Burial was the same.

ah, I see. the system in that club is a beauty, would definitely lend it's self to house music nicely. I really like that Moth tune, but I can’t get into most Hebdon stuff, dunno why, it's well produced for sure but I just don’t feel it

Listened to this a few times over the weekend. Apart from one or two tracks (especially Love Cry which is deadly) it's really disappointing. Having a straight 4/4 beat makes most of the tunes formulaic and predictable enough which is not the usual Four Tet way!

It's an interesting one. Sometimes I think I prefer having the 4/4 there because it seems to give the tracks more focus. But then sometimes I do miss the meandering.

It does have a lot of very nice sounds though.

Bit disappointed after a couple of listens. It's neither fish nor flesh. Not saying it's bad, but I was hoping he'd strike out in some really new direction of his own. "Love Cry" is the only track that points a way forward. The ones with guitar sound like Fridge outtakes, and the other stuff he could do in his sleep at this stage.

Hope I change my mind once it sinks in a bit more.

^^^ four hours is a long time in music judgement. Had two more listens and it's sounding way better. Think I had overly high expectations.

^^^ four hours is a long time in music judgement. Had two more listens and it's sounding way better. Think I had overly high expectations.
Ah and there i was nodding in agreement with your initial post - "The ones with guitar sound like Fridge outtakes, and the other stuff he could do in his sleep at this stage."

The vinyl pack's nice. 180 gram and nice glossy art work. Plus free mp3s. Yeehaw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back